Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

updated list. please offer any corrections or updates...

complete / near-complete:

- The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq.
- 50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive
- 121 Seaport Boulevard | Parcel L2
- 10 Farnsworth Street [technically Fort Point]
- Pier 4 Office Tower | 140 Northern Ave
- Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) - Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq.
- Stillings Garage Expansion | 22 Boston Wharf Rd [technically Fort Point]
- Martin's Park | Children's Wharf [technically Fort Point]
- NEMA Boston | 399 Congress St.
- SBWTC /South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center
- Gables Seaport (née Waterside Place 1B) | 505 Congress Street
- Hyatt Place/Ora Seaport (née Parcel K) | 315 Northern Avenue
- Parcel Q1 | 10 Drydock Ave.
- General Electric HQ (Necco Buildings Reno) | 5 Necco Street [Fort Point]
- Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd
- Cannistrano | 25 Fid Kennedy
- Marine Wharf (Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites) | 660 Summer St
- Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel 6 | 10 Codfish Way | Boston Sword & Tuna
- Innovation Square (iSQ) | 6 Tide St.
- MassMutual | 10 Fan Pier Blvd | Fan Pier Parcel E | Seaport
- Amazon Office Tower | 111 Harbor Way | Seaport Square Parcel L4

under construction:

- The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport
- Seaport Sq. Blocks N & P | 350 & 400 Summer Street | Seaport
- Parcel P (Foundation Medicine) | 400 Summer Street | Seaport
- Commonwealth Pier Revitalization (née Seaport WTC)| 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport
- Amazon Office II/SeaPAC | 1 Boston Wharf Rd. (Seaport Sq Parcel L5) | Seaport
- 15 Necco Street | Fort Point
- 105 W First Street | South Boston

approved, with potential 2021 starts:

- 88 Seaport Blvd | Seaport Square Parcel D
- 10 World Trade | BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | Seaport
- South Boston Innovation Campus | 2 Harbor Street | Seaport

proposed:

- Parcel L1 | 24 Drydock Ave | Seaport
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel 5 | 5 Fid Kennedy
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel M | 3 Dolphin Way (Foodmart)
- Mixed Use | Wharf 8 & Pier 7
- 88 Black Falcon Avenue | Seaport
- Massport Parcel H | Congress Street | Seaport
- 20 & 22 Drydock Avenue | Seaport
- 310 Northern Ave | Raymond L Flynn Marine Park | Seaport
- RLFMP Parcels O and P | 1-3 Anchor Way | Seaport
- Related Beal (née P&G)| 244-248 A Street | Fort Point

hopefully proposed soon:

- Fan Pier Parcel H
- Seaport Square Parcel F (the last undeveloped section)
- Seaport Square Parcel G
- Massport Parcel D1
- Massport Parcel D3
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel V1
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel Q
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel U
- Marine Industrial Park Dry Dock 4
- Two-Level Fort Point Lot

65Jvwcu.png

1631026914683.png

bostonseaportmap.jpg

Mayor-Walsh-BRA-Audit-Non-Revenue-Producing-Land-Parcels.png

1612795767746.png

Attachments

• 1631026875915.png
    1631026875915.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
^^^ You have 15 Necco twice as under construction and proposed.
Maybe your thinking of the Related Beal (P&G) 244-245 A Street complex for the proposed, which is just south of the 15 Necco project now under construction?
I would add 105 W First to your under construction list. I know it's technically in South Boston, but it's so close to the Seaport/Fort Point action.

Totally agree! Unlike the Greenway, which so far has failed to achieved its full potential as Boston's next great public space on par with the Public Garden or the Mall, the Seaport has totally exceeded the very high expectations many people had that it would be Boston's new Back Bay.

Totally agree! Unlike the Greenway, which so far has failed to achieved its full potential as Boston's next great public space on par with the Public Garden or the Mall, the Seaport has totally exceeded the very high expectations many people had that it would be Boston's new Back Bay.
Totally exceeded? Respectfully disagree. Its better than what it looked like a few years ago but it will never come close to back bay

Walking through it on multiple summer nights has made it clear that from a vibrancy standpoint the Seaport is Boston's next great neighborhood. The depth and density will only improve over the next few years too, flowing out towards the new developments along Fort Point Channel. It will never match the density of the North End or the grandeur of the Back Bay rowhouses, and the flight-path buzzcut is lame, but it has become a downright enchanting place to wander around.

The harborwalk really gives it that draw. The esplanade and waterfront arent the easiest places to access and enjoy.. especially the esplanade. The ICA being right on the water gives people a nice place to just mingle by the water, plus the fan pier waterfront and steps have become one of the most popular places in the entire city. Add in the new pier 4 steps and harborwalk and theres a lot of draw here now.

The harbor side is already very popular and theres still the fort point channel side to build out. This going to add yet another easily accessible waterfront to draw people to. The architecture is getting better and seaport sq is going to be great but the access to the water is really the invaluable key that brings the neighborhood together.

Totally exceeded? Respectfully disagree. Its better than what it looked like a few years ago but it will never come close to back bay

Yes, totally exceeded. My comment doesn't say that the Seaport has exceeded the Back Bay as a neighborhood as you seem to think, but that it has exceeded the expectations people had of the new neighborhood being as successful as Back Bay. Things could have gone in the opposite direction like the Greenway did, where the outcome falls far short of the "world-class parks with museums and other cultural institutions that will bring all the people of Boston together" hoopla people were spouting after the Artery came down.

I think Seaport vs. Back Bay is an apples to oranges comparison, but of curiosity, in what ways do you think the Seaport will never come close to Back Bay?

Yes, totally exceeded. My comment doesn't say that the Seaport has exceeded the Back Bay as a neighborhood as you seem to think, but that it has exceeded the expectations people had of the new neighborhood being as successful as Back Bay. Things could have gone in the opposite direction like the Greenway did, where the outcome falls far short of the "world-class parks with museums and other cultural institutions that will bring all the people of Boston together" hoopla people were spouting after the Artery came down.

I think Seaport vs. Back Bay is an apples to oranges comparison, but of curiosity, in what ways do you think the Seaport will never come close to Back Bay?

I don’t get the need to compare the Seaport to the Back Bay. They have different aims and they both pull it off well. I’m still holding out hope that the Greenway can someday enliven with the South Station development hitting reality and the Harbor Tower Docents dying off.

Took a walk around the Seaport this past weekend. It just keeps getting better!
View attachment 16440View attachment 16441View attachment 16444
Great pics.

I continue to be stunned and disgusted that somehow they were able to get away with cramming in one more marina-pier literally right in front of the ICA. Before, you went into the cantilevered deck and found yourself facing the water. Now you look at boats for rich people. It's ruined the contemplative ambience of the steps outside as well. They added a huge number of new slips for boats in this area—why were they allowed to do this?

Also, the 'public' space is very nice from an amenity standpoint, but very little of it is actually public. This makes me uncomfortable.

is this sarcasm or have you just not encountered the word “Marxist” outside of Facebook?

It’s hard to believe anyone connected to GS would have other than a left of center viewpoint and it would be even harder to believe anything other than a left of center viewpoint would be tolerated. It’s also likely a good number of GS members/affiliates would call themselves proud marxists. If any of this is untrue please let me know. Also, lest I be accused of being a Republican, the right too has it’s own version of inflexible, rigid ideology, the hivemind is not unique to the left.

The sign for their store says Center for Creative Writing. A more honest sign would say Center for Left-Conforming Writing, call it what it is (I’m guessing you will not find pro-Capitalism books here, hope I’m wrong). It’s odd that GS has found a home in what progressives would routinely denounce as a wealthy/exclusive/oppressive enclave (bet you’ll find a lot more brie/chardonnay type of writer here than ink-stained wretches.) Is the developer virtue-signaling with a big, fat rental discount for GS or is this one of the noxious community benefit extortions wrung out of them?

Great pics.

I continue to be stunned and disgusted that somehow they were able to get away with cramming in one more marina-pier literally right in front of the ICA. Before, you went into the cantilevered deck and found yourself facing the water. Now you look at boats for rich people. It's ruined the contemplative ambience of the steps outside as well. They added a huge number of new slips for boats in this area—why were they allowed to do this?

Also, the 'public' space is very nice from an amenity standpoint, but very little of it is actually public. This makes me uncomfortable.

I agree that the siting of a marina here wrecks what had been a pretty cool aspect of the ICA. That said, the marina was always in the plans, long before the ICA was built. The architects had to have known about it.

Back