Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Who is "they"?

BP(D)A Zoning Board, I guess? The answer is not really per FAA/Massport rules. Though any buildings that go up around Gillette and the southern channel area could be 300ish based on that map. Probs too far to see from the harbor even with that extra height.

It's actually not terrible to walk past on the Northern Ave side; there's panels with inspiring quotes about the law etc. Courthouse Way, on the other hand, has all the heavily-barricaded vehicular entrances.

It's actually not terrible to walk past on the Northern Ave side; there's panels with inspiring quotes about the law etc. Courthouse Way, on the other hand, has all the heavily-barricaded vehicular entrances.
CEO -- gotta put the Courthouse into proper temporal context -- when it was proposed there was nothing except the old Boston Wharf and Thompson Place toward Fort Point Chanel

Away from the Chanel -- it looked like a sea of parking lots and wasteland -- no one in that time frame could have imagined what would appear across the street and next door

People really liked the idea of a glass wall facing the Boston Skyline and harbor and a brick bunker facing the empty quarter

DZH -- Excellent!!-
East Boston has some of the least appreciated WOW views of the harbor-side Boston skyline

is this Piers Park?

Yes that set was from Piers Park. The key to viewing the city from East Boston is to go sometime in the morning. I probably got here by about 11:00, already slightly late for the best lighting (particularly when I moved on to the Madonna Shrine). In the afternoon the sun casts a terrible glare which washes out the colors in pictures.

CEO -- gotta put the Courthouse into proper temporal context -- when it was proposed there was nothing except the old Boston Wharf and Thompson Place toward Fort Point Chanel
True, I remember when the Courthouse Station headhouse was this lonely glass box in the middle of a sea of nothing, and now it's been integrated into a string of storefronts.

DZH -- Ina few weeks Dat'sa gonna be One Hellav'a view of the South Station Tower construction for the next 4 years -- its Ring-Side!!!

Maybe the Pru observation deck will be open again by the time the tower starts rising! Winthrop Square will be blocked by the Hancock so we won't be missing that one.

Took couple of pictures but do not know names
5BD44190-5C8E-4DFB-A707-61160D6F401E.jpeg
D659A978-C7BC-45C4-A386-9A3827BE1BEB.jpeg
8F8CDB62-0E7C-48C1-8BBE-00FD94E5A348.jpeg
3998E054-963C-47E2-A72B-7F826F18951B.jpeg
of buildings

Back