Seaport Sq. Blocks N & P| 350 & 400 Summer Street | Seaport

stefal

Reaction score
Is there any known planning going on for Congress Street in terms of streetscape and the sorts, similar to Seaport Blvd? Looking at that picture again, I noticed how its already going to be pretty filled in once this and the Massport Parcel on the other side of NEMA are complete. All that will be left are the L5/6 parcels across the street from here. In this stretch, too, Congress is much more highway-like than Seaport Blvd ever was. With everything built out and people moved in and stores opening in the next few years, I can't imagine it staying the same.

HelloBostonHi

Reaction score
Is there any known planning going on for Congress Street in terms of streetscape and the sorts, similar to Seaport Blvd? Looking at that picture again, I noticed how its already going to be pretty filled in once this and the Massport Parcel on the other side of NEMA are complete. All that will be left are the L5/6 parcels across the street from here. In this stretch, too, Congress is much more highway-like than Seaport Blvd ever was. With everything built out and people moved in and stores opening in the next few years, I can't imagine it staying the same.
I literally had this exact thought earlier today when I was down there. The median, the fencing to stop pedestrian crossings, the big wide sliplanes and oversized intersections, it's not pleasant.

dshoost88

Reaction score
Page 7 of the Notice of Project Change (linked on Post #1 of this thread)
Additional Mitigation/Public Benefits Confirmations/Clarifications:

- Notwithstanding the Commonwealth’s commitment of $20 million in funding for certain transportation, infrastructure, and public realm improvements, as set forth in the Commitment for Commonwealth Funding dated April 25, 2018 (the “State Commitment”), the Proponent remains responsible for the completion of such improvements pursuant to the PDA Plan, and the Proponent will not retain any portion of the $20 million State Commitment.

atlantaden

Reaction score
So, both of these buildings, Blocks N and P, 350 & 400 Summer Street, are under construction at the same time? Or is just the Foundation Medicine Building under construction?