Second & Vine | Everett

Equilibria

Reaction score
Another one in this area of Everett. The other are clustered on Vale, while this one is a few blocks away.

FWIW, what a bonkers neighborhood this is. It's a warehouse district with single family homes just scattered through, one or two per block. Someday I'll look up how that happened.

1602528440019.png

1602528464624.png

1602528503411.png

I love the honesty and boldness of their plan. Way ahead of any other town I have seen in terms of allowing, even encouraging contextual and in many places largescale developments.

15-minute (.75 miles) walk to the Chelsea commuter rail stop here, I see... but also just 1.5 miles to Wellington, so realistically I perceive this as another feeder for Orange Line commuters. I wonder how Wellington's parking capacity will fare once we emerge from COVID times, with projects like this and others...

Tons of development happening in everett/chelsea. Hopefully this area can soak up a large chunk of working class and affordable housing, that is in such high demand in the boston area.

Two and a bit years later, and it's finally happening!!

Just drove by the other day and saw the beginnings of a demo, a quick search yielded this post:

1707977800760.png

Seems like it's switched or combined projects from Block Properties LLC to Hanover Company. A 340 unit residential block.

Latest pic:
1707978961511.png

Two and a bit years later, and it's finally happening!!

Just drove by the other day and saw the beginnings of a demo, a quick search yielded this post:

View attachment 47638

Seems like it's switched or combined projects from Block Properties LLC to Hanover Company. A 340 unit residential block.

Latest pic:
View attachment 47639
I like that there's actually depth, and not just different facade colors pretending to be depth. With the amount of residences now in this neighborhood the retail hopefully will fill up quickly.

I'm sure reading this thread for a project in Everett has ruined your day. We're all feeling horrible about it and all of those out there that are judging us for having a thread for a 5 over 1 project.

In all seriousness, this is a large project that's part of a significant, if not historic, transformation of the area. I'm all for making it easy to find info on new projects in this area and I think square footage is a better metric for determining what's worthy.

We should have a rule no 5 over 1s get their own threads. It’s mildly embarrassing

It's 320 residential units.....and in Everett....in a neighborhood described by the OP as "It's a warehouse district with single family homes just scattered through, one or two per block..." That is a major turn towards urbanity.

And once that first pioneer project goes in, others will follow.....and restaurants.....and stores......and medical offices......This is breaking ground at a time of highest interest rates in a generation. If most analysts are correct and Powell starts decreasing fed rates late this year or even not until next year, it will be "Katie Bar the Door" on residential construction to actually get anywhere near the 10k units per year that Menino was aiming for over a decade ago. The demand is there if the interest rate obstacle starts to fade.

Given the situation and need, I can't possibly give that enough likes. But yes, it stinks if a developer does a 5 over 1 in Chinatown or along Revere Beach.....or builds a labscraper along the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

Last edited:
I'd still at least like to see more detail in the thread titles themselves. For instance this one could denote "6 story residential." It would make it a lot easier to find projects where I can't totally remember the name.
"9 story lab"
"18 story hotel"
"55 story office/residential"

Wouldn't that at least make it easier to navigate when we have over 100 projects updated a month?

I'd still at least like to see more detail in the thread titles themselves. For instance this one could denote "6 story residential." It would make it a lot easier to find projects where I can't totally remember the name.
"9 story lab"
"18 story hotel"
"55 story office/residential"

Wouldn't that at least make it easier to navigate when we have over 100 projects updated a month?
It would if all you care about is height and nothing else.

But +1 you make a good point. But height is n‘t the only thing. It’s a city/metro area, not merely a LEGO set. Perhaps “6 story/320 unit residential/ground floor retail” would be better description.

5 over 1s outside the city especially don’t deserve their own threads. This Everett infill

Back