Simmons University Living and Learning Center | 300 Fenway | Longwood

DPIR: https://bpda.app.box.com/s/onk9zkexu0a18nj4tqjc1hqjigir9u99

IMP: https://bpda.app.box.com/s/t5nc1u4b2fr0vxstym505wn1tn5ij3kp

1597440916578.png

Any guesses on what will be built on Simmons vacated residential campus after this is built? If combined with BU's underutilized former Wheelock campus it would be an enormous development site.

What do you mean by underutilized? The residences at the Fenway campus were recently updated into apartment style spaces. The academic buildings and the theatre have remained operational.

What do you mean by underutilized? The residences at the Fenway campus were recently updated into apartment style spaces. The academic buildings and the theatre have remained operational.
Operational yes but very underutilized. If someone offered BU a good deal on the property they would sell it in a minute and build StuVi 3. BU is known to spend millions on renovations and demolish or re-renovate the building a few years later.

While not that far from the Charles River Campus it would not be possible to have regular undergraduate classes there due to the long walk to the CRC or having to take the BU Bus. At best it would be very awkward to try and integrate it into the class schedule.

Operational yes but very underutilized. If someone offered BU a good deal on the property they would sell it in a minute and build StuVi 3. BU is known to spend millions on renovations and demolish or re-renovate the building a few years later.

While not that far from the Charles River Campus it would not be possible to have regular undergraduate classes there due to the long walk to the CRC or having to take the BU Bus. At best it would be very awkward to try and integrate it into the class schedule.

Its not a one or the other scenario. StuVi3 will get built, at some point.

Offset windows, colossal order, 19 facade materials. It’s got it all!

In the render on p.14, I was wondering who pasted in a bike on the bike rack on the lower left with a 7am stroller/baby sleeping bag for winter travel in what is supposedly summer. They added the building and landscaping to the late fall/early winter photo from p.13. The things your eyes focus on when you have kids.

That photo just makes me wonder how they're managing busses for BLS during this. The Southie bus would always be down by the east end of the construction site when I was there (20+ - ugh- years ago).

I love livecam feeds!

Is there an appetite here to have a thread dedicated to listing all the livecams around Boston?

Consider this an olive branch....

Consider this an olive branch....

Thank you.

I just posted the new thread in the Boston Architecture and Urbanism forum with your list to start it off.

Last edited:

Back