Six Ten @ MIT | 610 Main Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

The question is: what will this orange material look like in 15 years?

The question is: what will this orange material look like in 15 years?

Its Terra Cotta ...yes? If so ... you will likely not see a difference in the material in your lifetime.

cca

Its Terra Cotta ...yes? If so ... you will likely not see a difference in the material in your lifetime.

cca

Didn't know it was actual terra cotta.... Looked like somethings synthetic.

cca

CCA -- exactly -- MIT built this one for itself -- in 10 to 15 years this might be part of the academic campus and they build academic buildings for the centennial not the decades

Shaping up really nicely. Is that retail frontage or some vacuous lobby?

Shaping up really nicely. Is that retail frontage or some vacuous lobby?

Undetermined retail stores. Older renders show at least a cafe and restaurant. The lobby is smaller and around the other side under the glasswork.

I've watched this building go up. While I'm no architect, I really like how the windows reference the main glass portion (atrium?), like miniatures next to the real thing. To my eye, by varying the size of the elements it keeps the look interesting without adding the visual clutter of other shapes.

It also hearkens to Technology Square (basically) across the street, with multiple buildings connected by a popout glass atrium (as well as later glass podium additions for the restaurants).

Sulmona Restaurant & Bar taking a spot here:

uksCBmc.jpg

lgC8jSA.jpg

Will be nice to have another option nearby since Area 4 and Catalyst a block over get packed after work. Will also help stitch together Main St, since right now there's a bit of a dead zone between the western edge of Kendall Square and the start of Central Square down the road.

The 3-story portion really should have gotten a different facade/cladding. It's massed like a separate building anyway, they should have broken it up.

It's just. so. much. orange.

The 3-story portion really should have gotten a different facade/cladding. It's massed like a separate building anyway, they should have broken it up.

It's just. so. much. orange.

Should've been coloured siena or sepia...no wait, Ink Block took those...how about burnt umber?

I ate at Sulmona the other week. I was pleasantly surprised, it was very good. The ricotta and heirloom tomato salad was especially memorable.

I mostly like this project.

However, there are 23 pictures of this project and its streetscape on this page.

In TOTAL, I count 12.5 humanoids on the sidewalks outside the building in the sum of those pictures.

This seems to happen alot with these new projects. I'm hoping it is only because they are so new and that Boston/Cambridge is still infilling residential/hotel/retail projects that will, eventually, give the streets some non-mechanical life.

Otherwise, we may as well rename the region "Neutron".

In TOTAL, I count 12.5 humanoids on the sidewalks outside the building in the sum of those pictures.

If it makes you feel better, Sulmona was packed on the night I went a couple of weeks ago. And I echo the sentiment that it was delicious...and the interior was nicely appointed.

Back