Somernova | Dane Street | Spring Hill | Somerville

Dr. Rosen Rosen

Reaction score
Holy cow! Massive investment by Somernova.

www.Somernova.community - download the pdf

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6576.png
IMG_6577.png
IMG_6578.png

Impressive looking. It will be a change from the former Ames Envelope. I expect the NIMBYs will be out in force for this one.

Agreed - I can’t see how they build this and not extend the GLX to Park St and Porter. It’s sort of the elephant in their presentation.

In the meantime, more screen shots:

IMG_6581.jpeg
IMG_6582.jpeg
IMG_6583.jpeg
IMG_6584.jpeg
IMG_6585.jpeg
IMG_6586.jpeg
IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6588.jpeg
IMG_6589.jpeg
IMG_6590.jpeg

I created this thread for the proposed Somernova blocks in Spring Hill, Somerville. DIdn't quite know how to name it / locate it. Wanted to say it was a GLX2Porter or Fitchburg Line project because 80% of it "fronts" the railroad.
To me, this is the kind where the developer should be worked with to have them supply the site for a future GLX station--spare everyone else the cost of site acquisition and guarantee access for themselves. Knowing that the GLX2Porter planning isn't nearly ready, they could at least propose to phase the project to leave the most likely site until last.

I created this thread for the proposed Somernova blocks in Spring Hill, Somerville. DIdn't quite know how to name it / locate it. Wanted to say it was a GLX2Porter or Fitchburg Line project because 80% of it "fronts" the railroad.
To me, this is the kind where the developer should be worked with to have them supply the site for a future GLX station--spare everyone else the cost of site acquisition and guarantee access for themselves. Knowing that the GLX2Porter planning isn't nearly ready, they could at least propose to phase the project to leave the most likely site until last.

What concessions are you proposing the developer be given to work out such a thing? The likelihood of GLX2Porter in anyone's current lifetime is close to 0% so you're asking for a sizable design commitment from the developer for likely vaporware/dream transit.

More height? Probably runs into neighborhood opposition.

What concessions are you proposing the developer be given to work out such a thing? The likelihood of GLX2Porter in anyone's current lifetime is close to 0% so you're asking for a sizable design commitment from the developer for likely vaporware/dream transit.

More height? Probably runs into neighborhood opposition.
I think the concessions would be that they could build something closer in size to what they're proposing since as it stands now, it's sort of dead on arrival.

I think the concessions would be that they could build something closer in size to what they're proposing since as it stands now, it's sort of dead on arrival.
I'm thinking along the lines of this... I wouldn't call it DOA necessarily, but there is a LOT of community opposition (freakouts) regarding this development online/on local facebook groups - it will definitely be pretty different when it's built. "Provision space for a station and station access and this is yours" isn't too crazy a concession to offer..

Back