South Boston Infill and Small Developments

Oh man only 30 years ago? Good thing feces take about 3 months to decompose not 30 years huh... 30 years is a long time in a saltwater environment with open access to the ocean for literally anything to last.

Oh, I didn't know that. So I guess it's okay to just remove the dam on the Neponset in Lower Mills that they claim will unleash massive amounts of pollution into the salt Marsh. Darn those scientists and their lies.

Oh, and have a nice day at the beach

Oh, I didn't know that. So I guess it's okay to just remove the dam on the Neponset in Lower Mills that they claim will unleash massive amounts of pollution into the salt Marsh. Darn those scientists and their lies.

Oh, and have a nice day at the beach

Isn't that concern related to chemical contaminants in the river bed, not sewage?

It looks like we might be getting some new construction action at the E/W Broadway and Dorchester Street intersection.

The Pizza shop is gone and it looks like some staging going on in back.

400-West-Broadway-SPRA-11-15

400 W Broadway

Dollar Store is running a Store Closing Sale and it looks like all but one of the store fronts are vacant.

457-469A-West-Broadway

457-69A W Broadway

The Dunk's has closed so this site is empty and getting ready for demo prep?.
480-482-West-Broadway

480-82 W Broadway

And it looks like a face lift for 108 Dorchester Street.

108 Dorchester St

Last edited:
Dollar Store is running a Store Closing Sale and it looks like all but one of the store fronts are vacant.

What does one mark things down to at the dollar store to draw customers?
Is it me or is an "Everything half off!" Sign at the dollar store seem absurd to anyone else?

The "muck" is your grandparents' poo. Not to get gross but we are only 30 years removed from human feces washing up on this beach, so I personally wouldn't swim there

Not picking on your comment, but its an opening to this article in the Globe on the cleanliness of the beaches.

Water quality grades are in for urban beaches in Greater Boston and, for the most part, the ocean is clear.

More than half of the 15 beaches where the nonprofit group Save the Harbor/Save the Bay conducted testing last year posted perfect water quality scores, meaning all samples examined for bacteria were deemed safe for swimming under state public health standards.

At the bottom of the rankings were King’s Beach on the Lynn-Swampscott line and Tenean Beach in Dorchester, where bacteria levels were considered unsafe during about a quarter of last year’s swimming season.

Bruce Berman, the group’s director of strategy and communications, said the high marks for many beaches are significant given the record 61 inches of rain that fell in Massachusetts last year. Without the proper infrastructure, stormwater unleashed during storms can pollute beach water, he said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...s-last-year/h8LT43a4Q4V902Y266rqmO/story.html

Back