South Boston Infill and Small Developments

All that infill construction in South Boston has to be adding net housing, right? I wonder if anyone has a count about how many units are being added -- seems like a lot!

All that infill construction in South Boston has to be adding net housing, right? I wonder if anyone has a count about how many units are being added -- seems like a lot!

Once the 2020 decennial census data is released by the US Census Bureau (~Spring 2021), BPDA Research Division will most likely put together profiles of census data for each of the city's neighborhoods and planning districts. I helped them put together the census profiles for the 2010 census during Fall 2011. These are the most consistent reports to compare changes in demographic and housing characteristics for each neighborhood in Boston every 10 years. There has most definitely been a major gain in net housing.

Residents whine incessantly but no one can deny that South Boston hasn't done its part in adding housing to the local stock. If only we could get more in other neighborhoods.

Wait... WHAT?? “THE CEINTURE”?!? :lol: Hahaha.. ok, this officially takes the crown from “The Eddy” as the silliest/dumbest residential building name. You might as well just call it “The Girdle.”

A belt company used to be there. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wait... WHAT?? “THE CEINTURE”?!? :lol: Hahaha.. ok, this officially takes the crown from “The Eddy” as the silliest/dumbest residential building name. You might as well just call it “The Girdle.”

Just wait .. a new era for commercial names is upon us

Yesterday the US Supreme Court overturned a Law on the books for about 100 years limiting what kind of name was OK to Trademark -- something about it being suitable

Case involved a LA Clothing Line in business since 1991 -- had trouble getting a trademark for

FUCT -- now its OK -- Free Speech and all that

I'm sure that the trademark office is very busy today with Chitz and Schitz, etc

s4sbBq9MuzmHUPnrRc-V0UXd6gHn4uLpksGUVC_aAPtnAmUusWxoPR1w33Ilfix_aqXQmQpCKOL-YIPeWzFGrqPAQUDA5M2XSsRkVKREweAYQmDS4kCEZMlH8_oOPGj5HMj8P4gtWP0OXccDUBEOhf8Kwl9r55NjZFpBBveZD8Fgwi3cbLu7shTx71RykAPdQdQIxR_ASoLxbnIE4aVa-6xCAfPgSPkhxvmi8xXMcsVXyTEQzyDmaZPPqNhivTVhT78nela7ntHqt2-slbFBEgIPt7Zm5WqWGkNze_IF6fXLqINGfyuj7VH5YpE38peuEnPWiqFJ7ztcuW0a3KYJtHmNRRTJAJe7t7cI2mUe4Kq-oIHlvADd7V4SdCQlp4_P52yhFKXR2BjlH-Ntd3_btCXEFXqAHcjlryPGSUmh46_awxDo_7P8RhzOVnQTYKZWg7vN4BscI86bFjDHDzhxYlMxFrGolJo080LJzsoz1xPjxwYDSv0TFVEUj8K3nTuLrOP1ffQgnp6I6t9bcZajQsuGRSJebAHwL7bhkZK4nUHQq4rwO5Gw91DNdiXxR4RMo-QVz-nNZaJvcH5ogZCEhoz0IH4XYXxA6vTWfbvIV0GA0thl7rklfzOY500CrAcpAeXa9wwxEhpCY6H8p4KbeL96hDDGzDWJ5Oz2oyIFzcEzY0dzcK0f5E45oHD0-FqKuglkz9q9bb_9t7hT23iwAzKEvw=w900-h675-no

The Gate of Heaven parking lot.

Previously.

Background.

^^ Holy crap, is that depressing.

A beautiful, historic building - that once actually contributed to the neighborhood - turned into smoothed-over rubble.

It's like a pocket-park sized version of Dresden 1946.

A belt company used to be there. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So I actually looked this up since I wasn't sure if you were pulling my leg or not. You're right, it used to be a conveyor-belt company. I had no idea..

Well, so the name kind-of sort-of has some logic behind it.. I still think it's a silly name. :lol:

I don't want to hear any more complaints from the locals about parking in Southie. This will definitely solve the problem. :-D

So I actually looked this up since I wasn't sure if you were pulling my leg or not. You're right, it used to be a conveyor-belt company. I had no idea..

Well, so the name kind-of sort-of has some logic behind it.. I still think it's a silly name. :lol:

Yeeahhh, well if they google translated conveyor belt they would have found that in french that would be called a tapis roulant. Guess they could have called it TAPIS and that would have made as much sense as CIENTURE which just means belt like the one you hold your pants up with.

cca

Back