South Boston Infill and Small Developments

It was early Sunday morning when I started my walk east along Broadway. As I progressed and it got towards noon places started to get busy.

Broadway has never looked so inviting.

IMG_8700 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8758 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8759 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8761 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8771 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8773 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8768 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8775 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8794 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8796 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8797 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8798 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_8799 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

I hope Boston keeps these parklets / sidewalk seating permanently. Pretty much everywhere they've popped up (even in the grungier parts of Allston), they've made the streetscape more lively, pleasant, and inviting.

5 stories of mixed use at 555 Broadway:

1597101017348.png

I'm excited about the restaurant space available in Beelines last set. Andrew Square could really use a decent restaurant and a few wins overall. If the other corner gets shovels in the ground it will improve the feeling in the square alot

I'm excited about the restaurant space available in Beelines last set. Andrew Square could really use a decent restaurant and a few wins overall. If the other corner gets shovels in the ground it will improve the feeling in the square alot
I am really excited about the redevelopment of Andrew Square in general, and this is a great start. Sadly, the restaurant industry will be the last to recover from this mess and places like Andrew and Union Square will suffer for it, among other new "places" evolving in the area.

I am really excited about the redevelopment of Andrew Square in general, and this is a great start. Sadly, the restaurant industry will be the last to recover from this mess and places like Andrew and Union Square will suffer for it, among other new "places" evolving in the area.
It could sit vacant for 2-3 years, sure, but I'm hopeful by summer 2021 or fall 2021 with a vaccine in place something will be ready to rock and roll there.
I wish they could get their act together on at least the lowrise portions of Washington square to help density in the area

The 400 Dorchester Street retail space would be a fantastic spot for Cafe Polonia to relocate. It's too excellent/unique a restaurant in too small a space (literally only 5 tables), and in my head I've romanticized how great it might be to have the scents of Polish beers and cuisine gracing the Square. The move would only be 300' from its current spot.

IMG_1317 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1320 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1323 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1332 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1334 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1388 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1389 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1406 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1410 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1405 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1392 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1395 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr