South Boston Innovation Campus | 2 Harbor Street | Seaport

Thanks as always, Beeline. But why does the sampler, with its articulation, bays, and palette, not appear to follow the renderings?

Nope, I was thinking the same thing. I was flipping back n forth trying to see if I was missing something, but it appears different. Also I didnt even realize this is u/c, maybe the sampler is for another project?

Edit: According to bldup its under official review and not u/c, so it is for a different project.
Bldup

Nope, I was thinking the same thing. I was flipping back n forth trying to see if I was missing something, but it appears different. Also I didnt even realize this is u/c, maybe the sampler is for another project?

Edit: According to bldup its under official review and not u/c, so it is for a different project.
Bldup
Hmm.. so whatever project the sampler is from, I find the orange panel behind glass to be quite interesting.

BCDC with revised plaza. No more parking at all on the surface:

1594830799513.png

BCDC with revised plaza. No more parking at all on the surface:

View attachment 6204

Speaking just of its architecture, aside from the 'no more parking" part, my only question is from which 495 Exit is this?

The initial iterations at the beginning of this thread, with the same massing, at least tried to be interesting.

Only one person's opinion, but I can't stand this blob.

Speaking just of its architecture, aside from the 'no more parking" part, my only question is from which 495 Exit is this?

There is a small amount of parking in the basement. It'd be a pretty long walk from South Station, I am not sure if they expect people to take the Silver Line or what.

There is a small amount of parking in the basement. It'd be a pretty long walk from South Station, I am not sure if they expect people to take the Silver Line or what.

The lack of parking wasn't my gripe. I was focusing on the architecture. They ve'd it into a throwaway.

The lack of parking wasn't my gripe. I was focusing on the architecture. They ve'd it into a throwaway.

I'm struggling to find any meaningful big changes from the original rendering posted back in November. Where do you see the major VE'd parts?

Maybe they mean the version before the last one?
handelboston-hq2v01duska04*1024xx4464-2511-168-0.jpg

So in that case itd be VEd from the above to this.
2harbor.jpg

I'm struggling to find any meaningful big changes from the original rendering posted back in November. Where do you see the major VE'd parts?

Compare the pic in post #1 of this thread to that in post #24.

The original:
1) Much better, detailed window treatment
2) Far more activated pedestrian entrance with an at least 3 story glass entryway at sidewalk level - the new iteration has its eyelids drooping there. They basically fortressed the entryway.

Last edited:

The initial iterations at the beginning of this thread, with the same massing, at least tried to be interesting.

Only one person's opinion, but I can't stand this blob.
It appears the innovation will solely be within.

Is this green space really going to be used? It's in a highly industrial area that's pretty windswept. Would rather have maybe an apartment building there. I don't work there, though, so perhaps there's demand for some outdoor space even if it's not on the water (???)

Is this green space really going to be used? It's in a highly industrial area that's pretty windswept. Would rather have maybe an apartment building there. I don't work there, though, so perhaps there's demand for some outdoor space even if it's not on the water (???)

The impression I'm getting from the presentation (could be wrong) is that they can't (or don't want to) build anything over the tunnel easement?

I wish the building was where the park was and the park was where the building was.

Not a huge fan of this. I guess it may just be he renders

Gaawd this is all such a damn wasted opportunity...it's all so anti urban. Completely unfriendly to the pedestrian...it's just nice looking suburban office park architecture. I'm a broken record, but this does nothing to enhance marine industry. The entire raison d'etre of this district makes no sense and isn't being built out to fulfill the purpose for which it was designed. But on the bright side we'll have a giant salt pile folks can wave at as they land at logan or take the ferry out to the harbor islands.

Back