South Boston Innovation Campus | 2 Harbor Street | Seaport

Say what you will about the architecture of the Seaport area on the side towards the Seaport Blvd bridge, but it is miles better than the crop of newer and upcoming buildings (labs, offices, other maritime/industrial use) in the areas owned by Massport. Anything past the Omni hotel looks quite shiite.

Say what you will about the architecture of the Seaport area on the side towards the Seaport Blvd bridge, but it is miles better than the crop of newer and upcoming buildings (labs, offices, other maritime/industrial use) in the areas owned by Massport. Anything past the Omni hotel looks quite shiite.

I agree. I can't help but think they are going too fast and doing the easy - Office Park thing and just picking low hanging fruit. If they took some time, they could have extended the urban fabric. Instead they are lazily just throwing this crap up.

Honestly, I'd like to know WHAT "public" is that large park in front aimed at????? The area is just some labs and warehouses. Hopefully it signifies FUTURE housing?? Future urban fabric???? I just don't see any there currently.

1636125317247.png

Quite a blanket statement. Parcel H and A1 are also owned by Massport and they're some of the more intriguing architecture and mindful development as of recent.
1636131659889.png

1636131702846.png

Parcel H is also a joint venture by Arrowstreet and Moody Nolan (2021 AIA National Architecture Firm), who I know are really invested in working in Massachusetts. It's a big step for them getting more work here.

I agree. I can't help but think they are going too fast and doing the easy - Office Park thing and just picking low hanging fruit. If they took some time, they could have extended the urban fabric. Instead they are lazily just throwing this crap up.

Honestly, I'd like to know WHAT "public" is that large park in front aimed at????? The area is just some labs and warehouses. Hopefully it signifies FUTURE housing?? Future urban fabric???? I just don't see any there currently.

View attachment 18495

This has already been gone over multiple times in this thread, the open space out front is due to the tunnel beneath.

In other parts of the Seaport, I believe that the I-90 tunnel design included additional footers placed to allow for moderate scale development over the tunnel.

Was that not the case here?
I believe the sewer easement is more controlling in this instance. Part of the building is cantilevered over the sewer; the tunnel is outboard of the sewer. The sewer easement looks to be 20-25 feet in width.. It is quite likely this is a large diameter sewer going directly to Deer Island.

Some more moving of dirt going on. Should see some real progress and crews starting this late spring?

Attachments

• 20220310_170406.jpg
    20220310_170406.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • 20220310_170404.jpg
    20220310_170404.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 73
^^^ One of the rigs has the Flatiron name on it. Their HQ is outside Boulder CO. I suspect the pilings for this site are going to be something special. Are they hauling these over the road, or barging them up?

^^^ One of the rigs has the Flatiron name on it. Their HQ is outside Boulder CO. I suspect the pilings for this site are going to be something special. Are they hauling these over the road, or barging them up?
I saw one of the trucks on Atlantic Ave headed for the Moakley Bridge. The trucks have a special double section flat bed.
IMG_4105 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Back