South End Infill and Small Developments

Are they moving to the South End from Davis Square?

No. New location. And they only have beer/wine in the South End. I talked to the contractor doing the buildout and he said they'd have something like 30 taps (which is a ridiculous amount in the old CC space).

Chevron from Mass Ave:

8734515062_5af7edda96_b.jpg

Thanks again for all your pix, Beeline.

One correction, the church is Leon de Juda.

Be interesting to see how New Hope Baptist turns out once the windows are installed.

I would also add the Concord Baptist Chruch on Warren and W. Brookline street to this list. Currently u/c. No exterior additions/changes at this point. I believe will contain 9 condos.

An 11-story office building is slated for a rapidly changing section of the South End, according to a new filing with the Boston Redevelopment Authority.

Shops and a restaurant would occupy the first floor of the 1.1-acre site, which is currently home to an auto-repair shop and parking lot on East Berkeley Street between Washington Street and Shawmut Avenue. The rest would be offices.

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2013/06/looking_up_in_the_south_end

Druker is well connected to Menino, so the timing is no surprise.

Seems like a strange place for offices, vs. residences.

The #9 bus goes right by this every day, the silver line is not too far away and it has pretty easy access to 93.

I'm surprosed it not going to be residential but on the other hand there already is a good sized office building a few blocks away at 1000 Washington St.

The developer of the Concord Baptist is the same guy that did the Signal Building in South Boston, which I thought turned out well.

Huh....not a hint of yellow to be seen? Too bad.

Back