South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

Re: South Station Tower - Full Steam Ahead!

It's still an ugly tower.

Don't worry, no way this gets started in this climate.

It's still an ugly tower.

So you don't want it to be built? Ok I'll see what I can do (and, of course, take all the credit when it never gets built)

No, I want it built, but I'm hoping for a redesign.

I"ll believe it when I see it. This tower has been due to begin for a long time. However, I really hope that is the case. It's a great looking tower and project.

Thats good. Do they have all the money they need or are they still looking for a few more loans?

It looks smaller than One Financial Place in the rendering. I hope it will be taller. I think it will do a lot to add life and activity to the Dewey Square area. (I know there is already a lot of foot traffic, but more the merrier)

Wasn't the crown of this building once a chrysler building-esque pyramid crown? That would look great, add a little diversity to the box top skyline.

Wasn't the crown of this building once a chrysler building-esque pyramid crown? That would look great, add a little diversity to the box top skyline.

Yes it would.

I bet this is 2-3 years away. I agree with Toby who I think basically says Hines isn't updating their website. I really doubt they would update it with negative information anyway.

One would have to think that constuction materials domestically are probably not that expensive these days. (construction sector's stocks are way down as expected) If financing is available then they have to work those calculators to see what's more cost effective figuring in possible vacancy rates and loss of revenue vs capital expenditures to build.

T'was supposed to be tallest in Boston at one point. That all ended when it was decapitated by the FAA.

^^^ Honestly, I am amazed that they are even able to get approx. 700ft built there. There are mornings where planes fly through 1 Financial and the Fed. It's surreal.

^^^ Honestly, I am amazed that they are even able to get approx. 700ft built there. There are mornings where planes fly through 1 Financial and the Fed. It's surreal.

I think it looks like a nice sleep tower. Is the final height going to be 700 Feet?

Arlington Street is where he needs to do some heavy sleeping.

Hey can I have some of the acid your dropping under your lids?

First off, screw you. Second, there has to be at least one other person on this forum who has worked on Federal St that knows what I am talking about.

Planes are not allowed to fly that low. I think typically, planes are required to clear 2000ft to fly over the Financial District.

Gee, I guess I need to point out that planes don't LITERALLY fly through those buildings. But there is no doubt that planes fly at about 950-1000ft just to the back sides of both of those buildings. That is a fact.

By the way, I don't think there is actually a flight path that flies straight into where the South Station tower is proposed but directly south of it over the Annex. That's not much I know but still. lol

Back