South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

Re: South Station Tower

I'm eager to see an actual news source confirm this. Also praying for perhaps a slight tweak to the design...

I'm eager to see an actual news source confirm this. Also praying for perhaps a slight tweak to the design...

My info is based on and RFQ we received here at work from a steel fabricator that is bidding on the project.

We are a manufacturer of structural bearings.

My info is based on and RFQ we received here at work from a steel erector that is bidding on the project.

We are a manufacturer of structural bearings.

Ahhhh gotcha. Interesting!

^^incorrect. The Bus terminal is under the 249' Phase 3/Tower 3.

From the NPC:

CURRENT PLAN:
ZGNJQ7s.png

CURRENT PLAN:
JJ0jjOx.png

Last edited:
This is awesome, I was thinking about this yesterday because April is only a couple weeks away now and thats the deadline where we were going to know. So in a couple weeks expect to see some new news about the tower.

Well, that is fantastic, really thought this was going to continue getting extensions. Am I wrong in thinking that this should go up pretty quickly since its steel and "foundation" is basically already done?

Does anyone here seriously and genuinely like how it looks?

It is contextual with "One Financial Center", the Federal Reserve Bank and the Stone and Webster Building.

Well, that is fantastic, really thought this was going to continue getting extensions. Am I wrong in thinking that this should go up pretty quickly since its steel and "foundation" is basically already done?

Page 31 of the plans (page 40 of the file) says that they expect Phase 1 to take 4 years...unclear (at least to me) exactly when each portion within Phase 1 will be completed though.

As one of those users, I'm looking forward to it, but expect plenty of painfull days because of this.

Page 31. The bus terminal will he constructed concurrently with phase 1:
http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/147f7f58-dd54-4702-8659-ce81707bfc35

Well; that escalates quickly! A bold project, iconic height, controversial massing & huge retail expansion aside; what heretofore was a long walk-up to trains and less than enjoyable wait for buses heading out, takes on a whole new meaning for the range of inconvenience, harassment & loathing.

Agreed. And I can't even think of the nightmare for the commuter rail users while that monstrosity gets erected ......

Well; that escalates quickly! A bold project, iconic height, controversial massing & huge retail expansion aside; what heretofore was a long walk-up to trains and less than enjoyable wait for buses heading out, takes on a whole new meaning for the range of inconvenience, harassment & loathing.

So I bet you don't use the commuter rail at all, do you?

895 parking spaces

What a great use of the regional transit center!

Back