South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

Attachments

• 1691426520534.png
    1691426520534.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 216
As I was geeking out and taking pix earlier today at SST -- especially along Summer St. -- I noticed another dude who seemed to be doing precisely the same thing. I was tempted to be like, "Are you Dr. Rosen Rosen? Charlie_MTA? Beeline? DZH22?" but, while it could have led to a funny interatcion had I been correct, I figured if the person in question *wasn't* an aB dork such as yours truly, he'd likely be confused and/or scared.

As I was geeking out and taking pix earlier today at SST -- especially along Summer St. -- I noticed another dude who seemed to be doing precisely the same thing. I was tempted to be like, "Are you Dr. Rosen Rosen? Charlie_MTA? Beeline? DZH22?" but, while it could have led to a funny interatcion had I been correct, I figured if the person in question *wasn't* an aB dork such as yours truly, he'd likely be confused and/or scared.

Wasn't me! I walked a nice loop Sunday evening across the Fort Point channel to see some different angles on this thing, but didn't bring my camera. Tonight I climbed 1000' in Arlington and ended at the skyline view at Robbins Farm (also no camera!). Nice pics!

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with a stranger. Especially since you were both doing the same thing. It could have led to a nice conversation. Next time!

Right now I'm most interested in photos like these that show the interaction of the existing track platform with the new archways and protection from the weather. So anybody going to South Station in the near future, please keep that in mind. Thanks!

I probably would only go there if I were catching a train to Chicago. For places like Washington, DC or further South, I wait for a train at the Route 128 stop. :)

I probably would only go there if I were catching a train to Chicago. For places like Washington, DC or further South, I wait for a train at the Route 128 stop. :)
I'm curious. Is that because it's easier for you to get to? South Station is actually easier for me, but all things being equal I like to get on at the first stop so I know I'll get a good seat. (Too bad I'm not taking the train anywhere anytime soon.)

The Amtrak train to Chicago does not stop at the Route 128 stop. To save some time & headaches, 128 is not that far from a friend's house, so we get a ride from there to catch a train that's going South. :)

Is the new feature in the concrete core to accommodate for the office//residential transition somehow? Will it be more narrow going up from here?

Back