South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

I believe the project transitions from steel to concrete superstructure at this point (where the top of the core is now), so they probably need to finish the steel before they switch to concrete.
The core will continue with concrete but will get skinnier, fewer elevator shafts are required torwards the top floors. This is indicated in the video, the blue concrete core gets smaller in the final sequence of the top floors.

photo_2023-09-21 16.34.26.jpeg
photo_2023-09-21 16.34.24.jpeg

Looks like the framework is 3/4 of the way from the top of the core!!!! :)

Will the new bus terminal associated with this project help make way for regional busses, similar to that of the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC?

Will the new bus terminal associated with this project help make way for regional busses, similar to that of the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC?
It's an expansion of an existing bus terminal that provides such services, so I would think they will continue (and hopefully increase).

Looks like my razor-sharp mind is right!! The steel frame IS catching up to the core!! Looks like the core has stopped growing!!!! Anyone know why? :unsure:

Back