South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

20231014_151533.jpg
20231014_151614.jpg20231014_151748.jpg20231014_151450.jpg

Steel is catching upppp. We starting on this next core sequence soon or what??

Everything that I've read about this project talks about improving the bus terminal, outside train concourse, and bus-train connections for the public benefits of this South Station tower. However, I've heard absolutely nothing about the current inside of South Station. Is the MBTA waiting for the South Station expansion project to do an overhaul of the 1980's inside public concourse, waiting-sitting area, food stands, ticket areas, bathrooms, CVS, connection to the Red/Silver line, etc? Has anyone heard anything about actual improvements to the current waiting area? Are any upgrades planned?

Everything that I've read about this project talks about improving the bus terminal, outside train concourse, and bus-train connections for the public benefits of this South Station tower. However, I've heard absolutely nothing about the current inside of South Station. Is the MBTA waiting for the South Station expansion project to do an overhaul of the 1980's inside public concourse, waiting-sitting area, food stands, ticket areas, bathrooms, CVS, connection to the Red/Silver line, etc? Has anyone heard anything about actual improvements to the current waiting area? Are any upgrades planned?
Nope. None of those upgrades/refreshes/etc are part of this project.

And, as we’ve said in the thread above, the terminal is set to become ever more dank.
As some have speculated. I’m unconvinced these folks would go forward with a development that’d be a net negative for the station experience. Time will tell.

As some have speculated. I’m unconvinced these folks would go forward with a development that’d be a net negative for the station experience. Time will tell.
I think it will be a net POSITIVE for the station experience as a whole, but a net negative for the interior of the terminal itself.

Back