Spam

vanshnookenraggen

Staff member
Reaction score
So we've been hit with a wave of spam bots. DO NOT open a PM if you don't recognize the name of the sender and if you get a popup don't click on anything, just close it.

To delete the message, in your inbox, on the right hand side is a check box. Click it, then scroll to the bottom of the page, on the right, where there is a drop down menu. Select "Delete Message" and click "Go".

We are working on a solution.

-Van

Thanks, Van; I just followed your instructions, and it worked like a charm.

just opening the PM wont do anything as long as you dont click on the pop up right cuz I already did that and I dont have virus protection

No, some PMs might contain scripts that run on opening. DO NOT OPEN.

This is minor, but for some reason I am showing 1 unread PM on the front page but when I go into my inbox everything is read. Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me, look at the very bottom of your inbox and see if there is a little unread message bubble next to a blank line. I had one like that with no subject or sender, and then the date was from 1969, but there was a little box to delete it so I did, and it went away.

It probably has something to do with the spammer being deleted along with all of the PMs sent. Your inbox probably still sees a message that isn't there anymore. I'll look into it and see if I can fix it.

BTW, sorry about this annoying spammer problem. But I'm pretty sure we'll be able to figure something out soon.

Same thing happened to me, look at the very bottom of your inbox and see if there is a little unread message bubble next to a blank line. I had one like that with no subject or sender, and then the date was from 1969, but there was a little box to delete it so I did, and it went away.

Bingo! Thanks.

Nefarious bastards!

So what solution did you come up with? I'm guessing just making registration a little bit more tedious?

This skin care fucker defiled our awards thread. Get rid of it please?

Is anyone else getting issues with their anti-virus, when they bring up AB? I get a pop up that looks like an update for Java. Then my antivirus goes bezerk and detects malware. I even had my IT folks look at it, and the notices are legit. Fortunately i've been able to block the malware from being downloaded.

Happens to me too except that Norton says it block a network intrusion from roundgain . ru. Very weird.

"Would all advertisers please direct their posts to this thread!"

I'm getting it on my netbook, but not my desktop.

Argh, now we have ESPN, a major media corporation (Disney) spamming us.

I won't try it, of course, but my guess is that these links don't go to the actual ESPN site. If it looks like a trick, you must not click.

I won't try it, of course, but my guess is that these links don't go to the actual ESPN site. If it looks like a trick, you must not click.

When I read this quickly I thought you wrote "If it looks like a trick, you must not dick."
Pretty good advice, actually.

Back