State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

The glass on this thing seems to be a real wildcard- blue, green, silver- I can't figure it out. It'll be great to see it when it's all done, reflecting the buildings around in all its glory.

From the harbor
IMG_20210627_202653608.jpg
IMG_20210627_202514468.jpg

The glass on this thing seems to be a real wildcard- blue, green, silver- I can't figure it out. It'll be great to see it when it's all done, reflecting the buildings around in all its glory.

At first I was like its definitely blue, then scrolled up and was like hmm its silver here, then went back a page and it seriously reflects whatever color the sky is extremely well. When the sky is dark blue its dark blue, when the sky is grey its grey, when its light blue its light blue.

Light blue sky

Grey sky

Deep blue sky with clouds

Last edited:
This may end up being the first Pelli designed building I've liked since his late 80's early 90's stuff with the Wells Fargo Center (Minneapolis) and Bank of America HQ (Charlotte)

This may end up being the first Pelli designed building I've liked since his late 80's early 90's stuff with the Wells Fargo Center (Minneapolis) and Bank of America HQ (Charlotte)

Don't forget Key Tower in Cleveland! In person I liked that one better than Charlotte's BOA. Haven't been to Minneapolis but Wells Fargo also looks incredible.

I really wish this was 15 floors taller.

as much as i like 1 dalton (particularly in person), i imagine a shortened version of it being placed here (proportion-wise it'd still look plenty slim) and then an 820' version of this thing over where dalton is. at that height it'd be way more proportionally pleasing and with this, non-box design as a new tallest? home run.

I actually thought the shorter 1 dalton made the most sense at the time because it created an offset spine with 111 huntington and copley tower with 3 towers in a line right of the pru hancock duo. Also it would create a slope down from the pru matching the slope down from the hancock with the old hancock building vs a shear wall.

Buuut since copley is cancelled and we got the taller 1 dalton I now like the tri points on the skyline as seen from the charles a lot and with the new bu building from that angle the high spine is again going to have some nice symmetry. Like the hancock 1 dalton has a few angles where its kind of a mess and bunches up the pru, but from the money angles of cambridge/allston its a home run.

all fair points ^^^

they still need to follow through on that lit-up four seasons logo, as promised on the city-approved design/renders! so lame to not add that finishing touch.

Will the steel framing go all the way to the very top where the core is smaller for the last couple of floors?

Back