State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Up to a 4th alarm. There are apparently fires in various locations throughout the building..

I’m listening to BFD radio and it sounds like insulation is burning and they’ve had to open up walls to get to it. Initially seemed like most of the activity was on floors 7-10 but have heard reports of them operating up to floor 25 but not sure if the fire’s made it up that high or if they were only investigating.

Everyone's saying cursed but at what point do ya start to think it's sabotage of some kind. :unsure:

71QRE0F2H6L.gif

Everyone's saying cursed but at what point do ya start to think it's sabotage of some kind. :unsure:
Not only this building but there was a fire in the condo building while under construction and all the problems they are having with the garage demolition.

The more likely scenario is that safety standards have slipped and with the alleged huge dearth of construction workers probably lots of new and inexperienced people. A combo of inexperienced people and taking shortcuts will lead to some bad outcomes imo.

I know that osha standards have to be met, but my dad was a construction worker in the union and would tell me about how some projects had contractors that were extremely unsafe and sloppy like suffolk, and others that were on top of everything. I dont know much about the contractor here, but its looking more the former than the latter going by the track record so far.

Moriarity is the general contractor. IIRC, they were also the contractor for the Avalon North apartments at TD Garden.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/high-r...-boston-s-north-station-catches-fire/26772497

I completely forgot about the fire at that tower as well. Definitely looks like its a trend with this contractor if both recent towers in the city have had fires.

So just as predicted by a few members here, the crown is hexagonal-ish and off white. At least itll be mostly blocked from the front at ground level.

I completely forgot about the fire at that tower as well. Definitely looks like its a trend with this contractor if both recent towers in the city have had fires.

So just as predicted by a few members here, the crown is hexagonal-ish and off white. At least itll be mostly blocked from the front at ground level.

Grr. Not the best aspect of tower as I suspected, imo.

Last edited:

Might have been nice to make the crown wall glass, similar to the rest of the tower.

In person it doesn’t look anything like the picture in the thread above. It’s mesh like - not solid - and creates a visual that kinda looks like an extension of the glass. So it blends in and doesn’t call attention to itself. Hard to explain but you have to look at it in person to judge weather you like it or not.

In person it doesn’t look anything like the picture in the thread above. It’s mesh like - not solid - and creates a visual that kinda looks like an extension of the glass. So it blends in and doesn’t call attention to itself. Hard to explain but you have to look at it in person to judge weather you like it or not.

Agreed. Was just there and it looks really nice.

I think the white top is going to make the whole project. Perfect way to highlight its size and a great contrast to the colors surrounding it.

Back