State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

52405368533_68affe1304_3k.jpg

The first ^ really clear photo of the mech area screen on top of the building. Looks great and blends right in, very different from the stark white screen shown in some of the early renders.

Precisely! I was pretty confident they wouldn't whif the screen after getting everything else so right with this tower and when I saw the beginnings of it a few weeks ago, I had the same reaction as you.

52480257936_056d709d49_h.jpg

Baker's Island Light in the foreground. Built in 1798, with funds approved by G. Washington. In 1812, the USS Constitution was being pursued by two British warships. The keeper of Baker's Island Light rowed out to the frigate, boarded her, and with his local knowledge of the treacherous waters, piloted her to safety in Marblehead harbor.

Baker's Island lies within the territorial limits of Salem city, as are other islands in Salem Sound., even an island east of Marblehead.

As someone who moved out many years ago, I am always struck by the ancient, narrow streets that in some places are 400 years old, cobblestone streets, and whole neighborhoods that are incredibly well preserved (Back Bay, Beacon Hill, South End) and then layers of 20th century through to today in the 21st century with developments like this and heck, the entire Seaport.

It is so unique.

These layers of landscape: New England coast and urban mirage on the horizon, the hundreds of years of history captured in one shot. It makes me homesick, 110%.

Back