State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

3.24.23:

State St.JPG

Why are there still spots of plywood where there should be glass-filled windows near the top of the tower? :unsure:

Why are there still spots of plywood where there should be glass-filled windows near the top of the tower? :unsure:
I'm thinking because the building isn't yet occupied, and won't be until that beast of a garage is (someday) demolished,

I'm thinking because the building isn't yet occupied, and won't be until that beast of a garage is (someday) demolished,
Also, this building likely has highly customized window panels. If any of them were damaged in handling or installation, it could be another One Dalton situation, where it takes months/years to get replacements fabricated.

Also, this building likely has highly customized window panels. If any of them were damaged in handling or installation, it could be another One Dalton situation, where it takes months/years to get replacements fabricated.

You could say that with all that's been happening, that it's probably another Years-long Big-Dig-style project. Look how terribly long it took to finish the Pru. Just about every year since '65, they were adding tower, after tower, after tower, until all of the space was eaten up!! Hah!! :eek:

I never got a picture because I don’t have a totally unobstructed view from my apt but one night this winter the “STATE STREET” branding was being tested and was able to go through a rainbow of colors. One test had each letter a different color.

I wonder if the horizontal ribs also are individually color changing. That would be pretty cool.

Back