State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG

The Green Line suspension between N. Station and Gov. Center concludes Oct 12. Looking likely the demo will not be finished by then (over the tunnels).

Should we be expecting another suspension of service?

The Green Line suspension between N. Station and Gov. Center concludes Oct 12. Looking likely the demo will not be finished by then (over the tunnels).

Should we be expecting another suspension of service?
Seems pretty safe to assume so - probably 2 more if I were to guess, one per major component remaining. HYM said the garage would by down by roughly the end of the year, so expect an MBTA announcement at the end of this month about November closures I'd say...

I know this is being discussed elsewhere for obvious reasons, but I thought the last couple paragraphs were relevant here - sounds like the Government Center garage should be largely demolished by end of calendar year: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/11/09/metro/2024-mbta-shutdown/

Eng said the T has reached an agreement with HYM to finish work that has required the agency to suspend subway service near the construction site.

HYM will do the work over 20 days when the T will be suspending Green Line service to repair tracks and eliminate slow zones. The first installment will unfold over nine days tentatively scheduled to begin on Nov. 27, and the last part of the work will be completed over 11 days, Eng said.

After that work is completed, there will be no further service disruptions due to the dismantling of the garage, Eng said.

11/11/23 today I could see daylight over Congress Street north bound.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.JPG
    IMG_1082.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 188
Are the blue lights a different form of night lighting for egress or are there just big blue monitors in those rooms?

Are the blue lights a different form of night lighting for egress or are there just big blue monitors in those rooms?
From a distance I can tell the blue light comes from two smallish blue lights per floor to mark egress on the competed levels. The effect is subtle but will look cool when it's done. Already looks cool up close.

They should light up the top of the fins. From the fat-side views it practically disappears at night, other than the sign. The only well-lit angle is facing the harbor.

They should light up the top of the fins. From the fat-side views it practically disappears at night, other than the sign. The only well-lit angle is facing the harbor.
I assume that's the plan. They've been installing the lighting from the ground up. I think we'll see the fin lit up next.

As of 12/9/23.
Getting close.

Attachments

• IMG_1989.JPG
    IMG_1989.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1994.JPG
    IMG_1994.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 208
Do the different color glass panels and that one section of the night time lighting that is not lit bother anyone else to death? 💀

Back