SUPERCEDED MXD | Kendall Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be just replacing that clamshell digger, because they still have a few more weeks worth of digging to do.

I went to a presentation they did this morning for employees. The clamshell is used to dig down to bedrock, about 100 feet down, and then they bring in the big grinder thing (actually called a hydromill) to go down 2 feet into bedrock. They circulate the slurry throughout this process and separate the ground-up rock etc out of it with the big gray machine in the back corner of the site. The rebar cages go down about 20' below the bottom of the parking garage and it's just concrete below that The interior pilings are done similarly except there's a huge I-beam inside them.

That’s basically the technique that was used for all the Big Dig walls. It was fun to watch that process as a kid.

i've always wondered where they bring the fill.

does it go into a crusher some place for someone's town sand?

or for asphalt? or to Sand and Gravel? or get used when they re-do a dIke?

Last edited:
I'm surprised this doesn't have a concrete core/elevator shaft. Do we think this is going to be similar to the office tower portion at the Hub on Causeway where there's no concrete core/elevator shaft?

Found some. Whats the glass tower to the right?

Broadway%20-%20Aerial%20808x1188.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back