SUPERCEDED MXD | Kendall Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, that is some hardcore lateral framing.

This one usually has a couple of flatbeds with steel lined up along Broadway, in front of the Volpe lawn.

i wonder if the residential highrise will be attempted during the current cycle....

how long will it last?

Crappy cell phone pic but this is already at 4 floors. I don't think I have ever seen steel going this fast. They were still working around 7:30. Any bets that this passes the Hub at Causeway on its way up?

Photo2062 by David Z, on Flickr

The previous building was still standing (albeit barely) as of 8 months ago, and now it's already a hefty four floors up... this thing has moved exceptionally fast.

The previous building was still standing (albeit barely) as of 8 months ago, and now it's already a hefty four floors up... this thing has moved exceptionally fast.

Apparently it is very fast tracked. The mechanicals for the building are being built offsite and will be picked into the mech level as fully assembled skids. Should be an interesting watch when those start showing up in 25,000 lb segments. Not sure how many months away that will be.

Akamai is currently experiencing a bit of greenmail from one of their investors. It led to layoffs. Hopefully it doesn’t have any knock on effects on this building.

With its current shape and height, they could put some brick on it and brown-tinted windows and drop it in Burlington or Woburn.

giphy.gif

(7 floors already?!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back