Tallest building in town, can you name the city?

Skyscrapers in my hometown. LOL (Propbably taller than some buildings in this thread.)

1711904842876.png

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 1.44.47 PM.jpeg

This modern 15 story structure dominates the skyline of this southern city that is home to the third largest metropolitan area in the state. There are Chase buildings in many cities across the country so please don't waste your valuable time trying to Google it! :)

Last edited:
There's lots of great amusement parks around there and I'm back into roller coasters after a hiatus, so I could probably pair those things together somehow.
If you haven't been to Knoebels, I strongly recommend it for any roller coaster fan. A college friend is from a rural town near there, and moved back after a few years staying in Boston. When we visit her, Knoebels is always a must.

View attachment 49139
This modern 15 story structure dominates the skyline of this southern city that is home to the third largest metropolitan area in the state. There are Chase buildings in many cities across the country so please don't waste your valuable time trying to Google it! :)
Ooo tricky tricky - Layfayette LA - it's the 3rd largest MSA in Louisiana, but the 4th largest city.

I did mention that it was the 3rd largest metro area but didn't add the city population ranking in the state because I want these to be somewhat challenging. (y)

If you haven't been to Knoebels, I strongly recommend it for any roller coaster fan. A college friend is from a rural town near there, and moved back after a few years staying in Boston. When we visit her, Knoebels is always a must.

I'm supposed to ride all the coasters at Hershey Park in early June. I was actually looking into Knoebels last night, as it's (sort of) on the way back and appears you can buy single-ride tickets. They have 3 solid looking coasters there, particularly the well-known wooden one Phoenix. My best case scenario is Hershey Park on Monday and Tuesday, then leaving the hotel Wednesday morning and going straight to Knoebels to grab a couple rides each on those 3 coasters before continuing home.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 7.04.09 PM 2.png

This 285' tower is located in the state's second largest city and its name consists of two words.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 4.20.59 PM.jpeg

This 16 story Art Deco style tower was completed in 1929 and sat abandoned for many years until it was recently renovated into a hotel. It dominates the skyline of this city that was the largest in the state for nearly 50 years!

This is a great thread and I'm learning about a lot of new places. Here's my personal favorite random/unknown skyline in the country. I tried to black out all the signs so hopefully nothing gives it away.

1712175339559.png

Southfield, MI. Not really fair for me to answer because I have family that lives in the Detroit area (Northville) and I've often thought that Southfield's "satellite" skyline rivals most traditional big city views!

I'm pretty sure I have answered some of these in less than 17 minutes so can't complain about that. Tallest building is over 400'!

8a5fd821a390a80bd6d40a1db318e7f8af69acd0-1-large.jpeg

This handsome 12 story former bank headquarters building towers above this midwestern college town whose population peaked at 72K in 1960.

This one should be pretty easy for you guys. Let's see. This 272' tower rises 20 stories. It is the tallest building in it's city, state and region.
x.jpg

First Interstate tower Billings Montana.
Yes sir! Did you google it or know it off the top of your head? I lived in Billings for ten years and the FI tower fit perfectly into its surroundings with it's concrete the color of the surrounding sandstone "rimrocks" and the glass reflecting the Big Sky.

Back