Tallest building in town, can you name the city?

And their second tallest building (Double Tree Hotel) is 22 floors and is the tallest load bearing brick building in the world!

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 8.21.40 PM 2.png

This recently completed office/hotel tower is only the second tallest in the state but is located in its largest city. Bonus clue: Region is known to receive snow during the winter months!

Nice job zilker, it was not an easy city to figure out.

Here's a bonus question: what TV siblings were said to have come from Terre Haute? Hint: this question is biased towards the older denizens of this forum.

Jody and Buffy from"Family Affair" which I despised but had to watch because of my annoying brother who was 7 years younger! Only one TV in the house back then with 3 network channels, PBS and the National Anthem to shut things down at midnight. I did have to research the answer Mark but that was more exciting than the fifteen minutes of my life I'll never get back from watching the over hyped eclipse! :)

Jody and Buffy from"Family Affair" which I despised but had to watch because of my annoying brother who was 7 years younger! Only one TV in the house back then with 3 network channels, PBS and the National Anthem to shut things down at midnight. I did have to research the answer Mark but that was more exciting than the fifteen minutes of my life I'll never get back from watching the over hyped eclipse! :)
I am currently on my way back from Bingham where I saw totality. And here is a sentence you will never read again: I am stuck in a traffic jam trying to get into North Anson.
And yes on Family Affair, although you forgot Cissy.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 4.16.58 PM.jpeg

This mid rise (L) is located in a once thriving southern city that has been recognized for having one of the most neglected and abandoned downtown areas in the country. Its population peaked at 57K in 1970 and has two words in its name.

I am currently on my way back from Bingham where I saw totality. And here is a sentence you will never read again: I am stuck in a traffic jam trying to get into North Anson.
And yes on Family Affair, although you forgot Cissy.
Kathy Garver (Cissy) was actually born in Long Beach, CA and Johnny Whitaker (Jody) was born in Van Nuys, CA. After more research, Anissa Jones (Buffy) was born in Lafayette, IN and was raised in Charleston, WV. So they all must be from Terre Haute fictionally as part of the story line for the TV show?

Last edited:
And their second tallest building (Double Tree Hotel) is 22 floors and is the tallest load bearing brick building in the world!
Yes it is but it if you are prone to motion sickness you will want to ensure that you book a room somewhere below the 12th floor as the building sways in a strong wind which is quite common in Billings. Also if you are the queasy type do not spend your money on a Petroleum Club (22nd floor) membership as all that fine food and drink will be a waste if you're just going to yark it up. I would hate to see one of their incredible racks of lamb go to waste. 🤣🤣🤢

Attachments

• images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

The eclipse itself was amazing if you made it into the path of totality. If not then you didn't really experience the eclipse.

Last edited:
Kathy Garver (Cissy) was actually born in Long Beach, CA and Johnny Whitaker (Jody) was born in Van Nuys, CA. After more research, Anissa Jones (Buffy) was born in Lafayette, IN and was raised in Charleston, WV. So they all must be from Terre Haute fictionally as part of the story line for the TV show?
Yes, that's what I meant... For some reason the one time I heard them mention Terre Haute (not sure if it was the pilot or a later episode) as where the kids were from before their parents died and they were sent to Uncle Bill in NYC stuck with me.

Evidently you were not in an area of totality. It was an amazing celestial event enjoyed by millions of people.

This isn't officially the tallest building in the city, but it's by far the tallest to the roof. A little bit obscure but it's a really strong skyline for a city of its size. (edit sorry it looks like post 91 has not been figured out yet)

IMG_0611 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
That would be the gorgeous Winthrop Center in Boston and I'm normally not a fan of glass towers but this one rocks! Another clue for post #91, the city is located west of the Mississippi River.

This isn't officially the tallest building in the city, but it's by far the tallest to the roof. A little bit obscure but it's a really strong skyline for a city of its size. (edit sorry it looks like post 91 has not been figured out yet.
I haven't been following the Boston forum; please help me out with the "tallest to the roof" item relative to 200 Clarendon.

This isn't officially the tallest building in the city, but it's by far the tallest to the roof. A little bit obscure but it's a really strong skyline for a city of its size. (edit sorry it looks like post 91 has not been figured out yet)

#97 is the Central Park Tower in NYC

Back