Ted Kennedy was a Muderer/Hero! A Murdero! That's it!

Brad Plaid

Reaction score
This should never have happened, a taxpayer-funded propaganda palace honoring a very flawed, overprivileged politician.

Re: Edward M. Kennedy Institute

That describes every public building with a politician's name on it.

This should never have happened, a taxpayer-funded propaganda palace honoring a very flawed, overprivileged politician.

If the Commonwealth were paying for it then I would probably agree, but the Feds want to gift Boston a building that will be an educational resource and attract tourists and events? Sign me up!

Pork happens, I'd rather it happen here.

overall theme already developing on this part of Columbia Point.

Kennedyland? No thanks. Not that he didn't do some good things but this kind of memorial to someone responsible for the tragic death of a young woman is grotesque. Senatorial Privilege is a good read for those interested in the details of Chappaquidick. He should have been convicted of manslaughter and gone to prison. Instead he got a shrine.

Wow, don't ever do anything bad in front of Brad Plaid or Howie Carr. They'll never let you hear the end of it no matter what else you do.

Wow, don't ever do anything bad in front of Brad Plaid or Howie Carr. They'll never let you hear the end of it no matter what else you do.

Well, as much as I appreciate the man's legacy as a legislator and advocate for MA, manslaughter/negligent homicide does tend to work that way.

Add another name to the First-Stone-Throwers roll call!

Something, something, something,... Nazis.

There - the derailment has run it's course. Now lets get back to architecture.

Add another name to the First-Stone-Throwers roll call!

I am ashamed to admit that I have never run away from a drowning woman in a car to protect my political career. In fact, I've never been responsible for a person's death under any circumstances. I'm sorry if that disqualifies me from taking account of such actions by others in accounting their legacy, and the multi-million-dollar taxpayer-funded museum being built as a monument to it.

My digressions are over. The building still looks like crap.

Not just yet thank you. Aware of the circumstances? This was not just a tragic accident. It was drunken, reckless driving. After saving himself he may have dived back down to help her but then left the scene, not to get the police, but to call an associate and figure out a plan of damage control to save his career! The police weren't notified until hours later. There is a possibility she may have been in an air pocket and lived for a time after he left, which if true, means she might have been saved if he had gotten help right away. So, yeah, manslaughter.

The comments section of any article in the Herald would love to hear more about your hot takes on EMK. Let's keep this board to the topic.

OMG way to drop the truth bomb. I've literally never heard about that well known incident that everyone knows about. THANKS.

Go. Your Mommy's calling you for your din din.

Let's argue about whether Ted Kennedy was statesman or murderer in a different thread...

I'm usually not this candid, but this building looks like junk.

We can't have nice things, in this case both this thread and the building.

Back