The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

theSil

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the sole balcony on the south-facing corner (as opposed to the many balconies on the east-facing corner) belongs to a unit or is that building amenity?

ivyhedge

Reaction score
The top of the structure's shorter segment will house the Skydeck wading pool. You can see part of the railing that matches the renders on the website.

Their glossy literature isn't robust at naming each amenity and locating it on a profile view. Visible features like that at the Sudbury housed either amenities for renters and owners, or only for owners.

If there is a difference between the two, then I suspect that's the Terrace Lounge, and not the Outdoor Terrace. In one render the former looks rather high, whereas the latter is much nearer the ground. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any amenities are at the top, as they would be surrounded by mech. But then again, that's how Avalon looks from afar until you're up there so ...

Does anyone know if the sole balcony on the south-facing corner (as opposed to the many balconies on the east-facing corner) belongs to a unit or is that building amenity?

393b40

Reaction score
The longfellow towers are being rehabbed?
Sort of, I vaguely recall reading at some point the individual decks protruding from each unit were become structurally unsound. This was apparently a big problem though because the decks were poured as part of of the main floor slab rather than attached.

stick n move

Reaction score
Now that you mention it I remember hearing that too. Thats absolutely terrifying.

shawn

Reaction score
I feel what puts the Alcott a step or two above the rest of the new ~500 towers in the area is that it looks good from any angle. Even its "fat side" looks fine. It doesn't have to be framed just right to photo well. It's aesthetically pleasing from essentially anywhere it's viewed, and it looks different from one spot to the next. Probably my winner for the latest boom's "Pleasantly Surprised" award.

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
I hope there is some kind of award or recognition in the field of architecture that this outstanding building can receive. It is infinitely better than the other three towers nearby (the Avalon and the two Hub on Causeway towers). The Alcott deserves formal recognition.

Equilibria

Reaction score
I hope there is some kind of award or recognition in the field of architecture that this outstanding building can receive. It is infinitely better than the other three towers nearby (the Avalon and the two Hub on Causeway towers). The Alcott deserves formal recognition.