The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

51203748753_93d0404b09_b.jpg

The longfellow towers are being rehabbed?

Sort of, I vaguely recall reading at some point the individual decks protruding from each unit were become structurally unsound. This was apparently a big problem though because the decks were poured as part of of the main floor slab rather than attached.

Now that you mention it I remember hearing that too. Thats absolutely terrifying.

I feel what puts the Alcott a step or two above the rest of the new ~500 towers in the area is that it looks good from any angle. Even its "fat side" looks fine. It doesn't have to be framed just right to photo well. It's aesthetically pleasing from essentially anywhere it's viewed, and it looks different from one spot to the next. Probably my winner for the latest boom's "Pleasantly Surprised" award.

I hope there is some kind of award or recognition in the field of architecture that this outstanding building can receive. It is infinitely better than the other three towers nearby (the Avalon and the two Hub on Causeway towers). The Alcott deserves formal recognition.

I hope there is some kind of award or recognition in the field of architecture that this outstanding building can receive. It is infinitely better than the other three towers nearby (the Avalon and the two Hub on Causeway towers). The Alcott deserves formal recognition.

Back