The Bon | 1260 Boylston Street | Fenway

It’s going to looks so strange when the two gas stations across the street from each other are replaced and when they are, the only things that will be in existence are the Tasty Burger and Verb. And even those will look out of place as they’ll be completely dwarfed in comparison to the buildings Samuels built.

Are there concrete plans for getting rid of the Sunoco and the other one?

The Shell is an approved hotel, too. With Arts Academy wrapping I wonder if it'll start soon

It’s going to looks so strange when the two gas stations across the street from each other are replaced and when they are, the only things that will be in existence are the Tasty Burger and Verb. And even those will look out of place as they’ll be completely dwarfed in comparison to the buildings Samuels built.

The Verb is probably safe for a good while, but I don't think that Tasty Burger is long for this world. Also the thing abutting the Tasty Burger and the thing abutting the Verb are probably gone in 10 years

Yeah, it's weird. I seem to remember popular sentiment back in the day being that the Verb was a quickie-reno temporary "placeholder" while the Hojo owner waited to gauge the neighborhood, and then raze it for a bigger development when the time was right. Then the hotel became popular, then even more so with the airstreams. I don't see it going soon.

Remarkably, Tasty Burger appears to remain intact as far as I can tell in the Fenway Corners proposal. Who knows though.

Also the thing abutting the Tasty Burger and the thing abutting the Verb are probably gone in 10 years

Which things are these? The postal sorting building? 1299 boylston? Also, looking at these buildings, I'm convinced there used to be a Subway I used to go to all the time in one of them, but can't see where it would have fit. Maybe it was on the old Target lot.

Remarkably, Tasty Burger appears to remain intact as far as I can tell in the Fenway Corners proposal. Who knows though.

Which things are these? The postal sorting building? 1299 boylston? Also, looking at these buildings, I'm convinced there used to be a Subway I used to go to all the time in one of them, but can't see where it would have fit. Maybe it was on the old Target lot.

My thoughts, too - I think the USPS has proven to not care at all about anything development wise, so.... if they are referring to the USPS sort facility then not sure I would bet on it going anywhere soon (stares at South Station).

For what it's worth on Tasty Burger Samuels in the past has called it out as wanting to keep it as a important part of the neighborhood and culture. Apparently he is a big fan. Not saying things don't change, but, at least that was the last I heard on it.

Really like this one. Wish it took over SUNOCO as well, can't see it being redeveloped by itself...

7-23-2022
A3E90B83-9E38-460B-80DE-D8C7D5744AB6.jpeg

The Verb is probably safe for a good while, but I don't think that Tasty Burger is long for this world. Also the thing abutting the Tasty Burger and the thing abutting the Verb are probably gone in 10 years
Last time I went to Tasty Burger, I noticed one of the TVs inside they were moving locations.

Are there concrete plans for getting rid of the Sunoco and the other one?

As I have said 100 times in these forums, we still need gas stations! Even in wacky CA, they have not banned sales of new gas vehicles until 2035 (and they will still allow hybrids). In Europe, gas stations are included in new buildings. why does it need to be development or gas stations?

01-jg-0108-2.jpg

As I have said 100 times in these forums, we still need gas stations! Even in wacky CA, they have not banned sales of new gas vehicles until 2035 (and they will still allow hybrids). In Europe, gas stations are included in new buildings. why does it need to be development or gas stations?

View attachment 28197
I agree that we still need gas stations, but this is an extremely bad place for one these days. Before the recent boom, this part of Boylston was a relative pedestrian desert full of one or two story buildings surrounded by parking lots. It is not even close to that anymore, and land usage should change accordingly.

I'll bet that anybody who lives in the Fenway only use their car to leave and go somewhere ELSE where there ARE gas stations. And if you live somewhere else and come into town, check your tank before please; you'll save yourself some real cash!

I'm wondering about the gas station parcel being used for air rights. Given the recent trend to add green space along the Fenway and Park Drive (Samuels, Simmons, Landmark), and Scapes usage of really high quality cladding facing the Sunoco, I would think that the city would LOVE it if the gas station was parkified.

Back