The Brookliner | 5 Washington Street | Brighton

Looks like the crane might've been taken down, unless it was positioned diffrerently. I didn't see it. :unsure:

I stand corrected. It's still there. Saw it this morning. Insulation panels still going on. :)

That's right! Here's evidence. Crane almost hidden.
20220722_182429.jpg

Here, taken from a view where the whole plot of land of Whole Foods will be redeveloped:
20220722_180739.jpg

So far, nothing more has been said about that project. Don't even know what's going on with it. But, I believe that the old CB building will be torn down to make way for Whole Foods at that end. :unsure:

Last edited:
Sometimes it sticks out over Washington Street when deliveries of construction materials arrive. (y)
The crane was taken down today. The roof is usually 85% complete (basically watertight) when they take away the crane. Now they just need to get the air barrier and windows done and drywall will be onsite by September!

IMG_4979.JPG

So far, nothing more has been said about that project. Don't even know what's going on with it. But, I believe that the old CB building will be torn down to make way for Whole Foods at that end. :unsure:

Check out the BRA web site, the project is back. A new developer basically picked up the ball where it was dropped, reduced the amount of apartments but keeping the same envelope for the most part. Comment period just ended and the next public meeting is in August- virtual. I really wish this site was more of a tall building campus, maybe three 12 story towers with a lot of green space, similar to the subsidized housing across the street. I'm bored with the 5 over 1 at this point.

Check out the BRA web site, the project is back. A new developer basically picked up the ball where it was dropped, reduced the amount of apartments but keeping the same envelope for the most part. Comment period just ended and the next public meeting is in August- virtual. I really wish this site was more of a tall building campus, maybe three 12 story towers with a lot of green space, similar to the subsidized housing across the street. I'm bored with the 5 over 1 at this point.

Thesubsiddized housing (Patricia White Apts) across the street is where I reside. It, too, is suposed to get a makeover. The apartments themselves, the grounds, everything. It's in the planning stages now. :)

The crane was taken down today. The roof is usually 85% complete (basically watertight) when they take away the crane. Now they just need to get the air barrier and windows done and drywall will be onsite by September!

View attachment 26737

Looks like they are keeping the old building that has the pyramid-topped roof (on the right). :)

The exterior panels (facade) is being applied now on the Corey Road side. I'll take some pics & post them tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, for posting the newer pics!!!! :)

Just a note that the property adjacent to 5 Washington burned a couple months ago has been recently demolished. You can see the Brookliner in the background of the google streetview pic. It was originally a boarding stable (basically overnight horse parking) built around1896, before Commonwealth Ave was built! I went down the rabbit hole to research any historical significance of the building but did not find much, just a map indicating location and a photo of the stable from the Boston Boundary survey book (which is also interesting LINK ). Its hard to believe that a126 year old building has lasted this long!
corey.png
Untitled.png

Building in the back ground Boundary location 66. (Corey Road used to be called Summer Street according to the boundary map.)
westbourne.png
1896.png

IMG_7863.JPG
IMG_7859.JPG
IMG_7856.JPG

A friend of mine told me a while ago that it happened, but from the courtyard at Patricia White Apartments, it couldn't be seen. o_Oo_Oo_O

Why bother with decent brick if you’re just going to scatter 200 cheap little vents over the facade, spoiling any kind of rhythm the building could have had?

Reactions: BMW

Back