IMG_6742.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG

IMG_6738.JPG

Retail space
IMG_6723.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6728.JPG

Last edited:
I'm dying to see who will move in on the street floor. I heard that CVS may move in, but that still has yet to be officially announced or confirmed. :unsure:

The outside looks fine, but the inside street level still has work to be done before any of the retail space can be used for retail stores. :unsure:
Street floor of The Brookliner..JPG

These are the right kind of bike racks -- upside down parabola makes it easy to completely secure every removable part of the bike.

Why is there asphalt where the tactile panel should be
My guess is that the asphalt is there to mark the location, but tactile patches will go down over it.

Yay!! It's official!! CVS IS about to move into part of the retail section on the street floor!! I saw the small red sign on the building, as I was passing by. :)

Last edited:
Looks like store fixtures might be moved in on the street floor!! :)

Now there's a larger CVS sign there, but next to it, it still reads Coming Soon. The interior is still being set up. :)

The crane was taken down today. The roof is usually 85% complete (basically watertight) when they take away the crane. Now they just need to get the air barrier and windows done and drywall will be onsite by September!

View attachment 26737

I missed that crane!! It's the first time that I've ever seen one here!!:cry:

Last edited:
Went to the doorway of the new store yesterday. There is a TV screen mounted on the ceiling & at the bottom, it reads; RECORDING IN PROGRESS. I would guess that it's there to catch anyone stealing or trying to steal something. I heard workers in there, but I could see no one! I was only trying to find out when the store would open, but to no avail. :(

The old building with the pyramid-shaped roof has been torn down!!!! I thought that they would keep it & use it for their administrative offices, but now it's gone!! It DID add some old-style flavor to the new larger apt building. Wonder what they'll put there now. :cry:

I think this project turned out quite nice. If that Whole Foods redevelopment ever actually happens, this could be a fairly bustling area with decent transit access. Tons of units coming online between here and St. Gabriel's, almost all the way to Brighton Center.

I think this project turned out quite nice. If that Whole Foods redevelopment ever actually happens, this could be a fairly bustling area with decent transit access. Tons of units coming online between here and St. Gabriel's, almost all the way to Brighton Center.

Like yourself, I'm also waiting to see the Whole Foods program begin, but it seems to be at a damn standstill for some ungodly reason!! I don't know what it is!! :unsure:

Should be taller being that it's in Brighton. Pricey of course... cheapest unit is 3k and that's a studio. Cheapest 2 bdr is 4400... doable with 3 people but 2 would be pushing it.

I hope that CVS opens soon! It would save a lot of walking for Neighborhood residents who have a hard time walking far!!! :)

I saw that there were sevaral small signs on the front, so I went over to the front door, only to find out that anyone seeking employment there that they would have to go all the way to Arlington to apply for it!!! That is so ridiculous!!!!!! Why couldn't they sent those who want to work there to a place that's closer?!!! :eek:

I saw that there were sevaral small signs on the front, so I went over to the front door, only to find out that anyone seeking employment there that they would have to go all the way to Arlington to apply for it!!! That is so ridiculous!!!!!! Why couldn't they sent those who want to work there to a place that's closer?!!! :eek:
I'm surprised you'd have to go anywhere at all. My daughter used to work in HR at Target, and their hiring process was completely on-line, including video interview. I would think this would be standard for most large chain retail companies.

I'm surprised you'd have to go anywhere at all. My daughter used to work in HR at Target, and their hiring process was completely on-line, including video interview. I would think this would be standard for most large chain retail companies.

It may be online, but it was never mentioned on any of the small signs. Be that as it may, I've no intention of going that far to find the supposed store in Arlington. if it was closer like somewhere on Comm. Ave., that would be different. :)

Back