The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

Mark, you nailed the Bee Gees, but the ladies are pop queens Karen Carpenter and Olivia Newton-John.
If Olivia had looked at the camera, I would have gotten her (was never a huge fan of the Carpenters), but as it was I went with the blonde/brunette combo :) .

More on-topic, Corey, that nighttime shot is gorgeous! (I have a hunch that those power lines are there to stay, between the frequency of flooding on Commercial St. and, since everything between Fore and the water is fill mostly made of old ballast, the fear of eternal urban archaeology keeping the street open interminably.

1664809980670.jpeg

1664810082177.jpeg

View of the tower from the sixth floor of the Mercy redevelopment. Props to Redfern and their positive impact on this city!

It looks like it's mainly referring to the traffic issues the construction process is causing, and not judging the actual project itself. Kind of a nothing-burger.
Hope this guy doesn't complain about the lack of affordable housing if he can't handle the little bit of construction that goes along with building housing! ~ C

Was looking for some Emporis info this morning, and didn't realize that it is no more...

"On 12 September 2022, the managing director of CoStar Europe posted a letter on Emporis.com, informing its community members of the decision which had been made to retire the Emporis community platform, effective 13 September 2022"

^ I noticed the site had been retired a few weeks ago and was quite disappointed because it was one of my favorite research platforms. The Bing map site has also been changed when it comes to the ability to cruise up and down city thoroughfares with ease. Now the "streetside" feature is slow and tapping the direction arrow to move about is tedious and not worth the effort.

I'd say name it "the Emporis" in honor of the now defunct repository of architecture that this building was a bit too young to be listed on.

I think I'm likely (so long as this doesn't include an invite to actually go up there :) ).

Back