The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

Corey, hope you can make it. This could be the photo shoot opportunity (weather permitting) of a lifetime and from a vantage point above Portland that no professional photographer has ever attempted! :)

Last edited:
Corey, hope you can make it. This could be the photo shoot opportunity (weather permitting) of a lifetime and from a vantage point above Portland that no professional photographer has ever attempted! :)

Bummer, I can't step away from work that day. Hopefully there will be some sort of "open house" once units are ready to rent. Or I'll have to make friends with someone who ends up renting a top floor unit some day.

Just saw the Portland Society for Architecture has a Construction Tour of 201 Federal Street scheduled for Wednesday, November 2, 2022
4:00 PM 5:30 PM. Anyone have a hard hat I can borrow (or do they have hats to borrow)?

Corey, I registered you along with another friend of mine and we'll have a hard hat for you. (y)

Last edited:
If the 385 Congress hotel project moves along at a brisk pace this view from Pearl Street could be much different by this time next year.

IMG_3095.jpg

Some of the confusion can be traced to the developer who was understandably downplaying the structure's height by emphasizing rooftop footage in a smart PR move in order to not ruffle the feathers of the vocal minority who are against height. The good news is that the building legitimately reaches a total height of 204' by any measured standard and will hopefully be the beginning of more taller ones to follow. Thank you Redfern! :)

IMG_2151.jpeg
IMG_3615.jpeg

Sorry, I waited as long as I could for another seagull to roost on the corner lip of the building at lower center to replicate the photo as well as possible! Notice the heavy equipment staged in the earlier shot.

Last edited:
Why is there frequently sand still on the sidewalks from the previous winter? Some hate the power lines--and I do too--but come on, sand on the sidewalk is just simply laziness. Use a broom and dustpan.

Redfern , when will you announce a tenant? A thank the fine people here for suggesting a bow street market instead of the other place we shall not name

Back