The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

I'm interested but unfortunately a previously scheduled appointment won't allow me to be there. Look forward to seeing some photos though! (And fingers crossed Redfern might offer another tour when the building is complete!?!)
Happy to offer up another tour! ~ C

Hey Everyone! Looking forward to our tour tomorrow. Meet me (Catherine) at the entry to 120 Exchange Street directly across from the Press Hotel Entrance. We will grab PPE for everyone then start the tour. Jonathan joining from another meeting. Let me know approximately how many might join! ~ C

Hey Everyone! Looking forward to our tour tomorrow. Meet me (Catherine) at the entry to 120 Exchange Street directly across from the Press Hotel Entrance. We will grab PPE for everyone then start the tour. Jonathan joining from another meeting. Let me know approximately how many might join! ~ C
Unfortunately I need to bow out. I have too much else going on but thank you!

Thanks very much for the tour, Catherine! It's a great looking building with some stunning views...

PXL_20230920_162459357.jpg
PXL_20230920_162236489.jpg
PXL_20230920_162216407.jpg
PXL_20230920_163102690.jpg

IMG_4935.jpeg

Great tour today at the Aucocisco tower and many thanks to Catherine for being an excellent host and a genuinely kind individual. Tidbit of intel for those who were curious, the AUCOSISCO signs will be placed on both sides of the pictured mechanical penthouse walls. They will be illuminated, feature two shades of blue and please keep this information to yourselves! Nice meeting you today Mark and it's cool when you can put a face with someone you've been exchanging thoughts and Portland history with for over a decade! (y) Most of my photos will be from the top of the mechanical penthouse which was a windy and very cautious experience.

Last edited:
Excellent meeting you as well, Portlander! It was a great tour. Thank you, Catherine!
I was surprised to discover that, even with the difference in base elevation, the top floors of Aucocisco are higher than those of the Portland House!

Last edited:
True. However, I think the Top of the East might still hold the title of the highest occupiable level above sea level on the Portland peninsula which has been documented many years ago at or just above 300'. The Aucosisco is approximately 100' above sea level and when you add 180' which is the actual "floor" height of the 18th level you get 280' ASL. To the top of the mechanical penthouse would be around 304' and still wouldn't surpass the top of the Westin's boiler shaft which is an additional 15' above the Top of the East.

Last edited:

Back