The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Wow, awesome!
Just look at those trees-so-green you lucky ________
It's been arctic or just below here (Utah) for weeks, now.
Dropped to -45F at Peter Sinks, UT, night before last.
You read that right.
Where the hell is that you say? Glad you asked.
If you drive the mountain roads between Jackson, WY
and Logan, UT by way of Bear Lake, you'll pass right through
that winter hellhole..... maybe dodge an elk or 2 (too).

Nevermind all the different cladding for each section that makes this project look great but things like the light up signs and main entrance add some great effects. But the main feature that I think makes this stick out and add that city class is the rooftop bars/etc. with their lights.

This is my favorite development project this decade. Its transformative and iconic.
Mass -- it just might be the most transformative project in Boston outside of the Seaport and some of the isolated enclaves such as New Balance and Harvard in Boston -- since the Pru -- reinvented itself into the "City Under Glass"

540ACD5C-1CFE-4F09-9677-6C9BA07E0047.jpeg
70DF97A4-69AC-46E2-9DCE-F010E86C02C5.jpeg
ED326514-6631-4E72-8500-67EEF09713F0.jpeg
0A0A5BF6-FB14-4957-AC0E-8FE82182932C.jpeg

So minor gripe about Star Market which is an overall great addition to the area (better than Roche in DTX even - much more reasonable checkout process and more room to move). The escalators have been a problem the past couple of weeks. Twice I went last week and the "up" escalator was broken. Yesterday the "down" escalator was broken. Seems early to be having these types of issues and hauling bags up a big set of stairs isn't fun. Still, this is a minor gripe. Really happy to see what's happening here.

So minor gripe about Star Market which is an overall great addition to the area (better than Roche in DTX even - much more reasonable checkout process and more room to move). The escalators have been a problem the past couple of weeks. Twice I went last week and the "up" escalator was broken. Yesterday the "down" escalator was broken. Seems early to be having these types of issues and hauling bags up a big set of stairs isn't fun. Still, this is a minor gripe. Really happy to see what's happening here.
You must hate the MBTA before you even get on the train then :)

Twice I went last week and the "up" escalator was broken. Yesterday the "down" escalator was broken. Seems early to be having these types of issues and hauling bags up a big set of stairs isn't fun. Still, this is a minor gripe. Really happy to see what's happening here.

Those bugs and issues are more common at the beginning than later on.

I find it fascinating that the lower floors are built out and occupied when they haven't even topped out the ironwork yet. How tall is it going?

I find it fascinating that the lower floors are built out and occupied when they haven't even topped out the ironwork yet. How tall is it going?

The office tower was always ~510'.
The resident tower was originally approved to reach 659' at the tip.
The height was really gonna happen for the resident tower!!
But neighborhood groups continued to put up a stink,
and a tacit concession of height (of 163') occurred as an olive branch,
ostensibly to give the EDIC Board some "cover" to approve Garden Garage project....
Should have [rammed through] the resident tower at the full 659',
and Garden Garage for the full 46 floors/~512', and been done with it.

*original approved massing/ (click to enlarge)

Attachments

• 3d-visualization-Bos.jpg
    3d-visualization-Bos.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

Luckily both escalators were working when I went to check it out and shop the end of last month.

My gripe was with checking out. Once I realized there was 3 ways to check out(regular, self, and express) I decided to do express since I was catching a train. There was 2 registers open and I was next. I must have waited for at least 10 mins in line. I watched as others in the regular lines check out 1 person after another while the 2 cashier's at the express regs just kept chatting with each other slowly ringing and bagging the 2 people ahead of me. Once it was finally my turn, I walked up for the cashier to not even acknowledge me and kept chatting with their co-worker then just walk away. Finally the other cashier rang me up. No hi, have a nice day, eye contact or even a sorry for the wait. I get not evey employee is going to be great but Geesh they just opened and you would think they would want to make a good impression to their new customers. Star Market might want to check their training procedures.

Anyways sorry to rant. Just thought it was crazy it took me 30 minutes to buy 1 bag of coffee at a new store that wasn't even busy at the time.

Back on topic:. I can't wait for the facade on the office tower to be done to see how well it meshes with the whole project.

If 800-900 was zoned for the area “behind” this when looking at it from the zakim, these shorter towers would be perfect for a stair step back from the charles to a downtown tallest. Since the 800-900ft faa area is next to and in front of the garden it jacks up any good planning like that. If they ever do go for something of that height maybe theyll build some shorter towers like where 125 nashua is.
Stick -- the key is to get the GSA to sell the Tip O'Neil building -- take that out and you could put a BIG & Tall right there and connect the internals to really make a Pru-like Complex at North Station

Back