The KMW (Kahta/Mark02474/Whighlander) Interstate Highway System Act

I say let's do it, then ask the federal government for $40 billion a couple decades later to "restore Boston harbor".

And after spending that to bury the highways beneath the sea, we build six-lane parkways over them anyway.

Don't forget the tunnel to the new International Airport built atop the outer harbor islands

The Logan can be replaced with a complex of amazing towers such as the Dockyards in London

Don't forget the tunnel to the new International Airport built atop the outer harbor islands

The Logan can be replaced with a complex of amazing towers such as the Dockyards in London

That's small thinking. Why isn't Bechtel Parsons Brinkerhoff building the Mass Pike extension to Nova Scotia in a tunnel with 700 lb. light fixtures affixed with Elmer's glue? Manifest destiny!

That's small thinking. Why isn't Bechtel Parsons Brinkerhoff building the Mass Pike extension to Nova Scotia in a tunnel with 700 lb. light fixtures affixed with Elmer's glue? Manifest destiny!

F-Line -- personally I think Boston should be the Atlantic Coast terminus of the Planet Train to London

Dig down a bit and pump out the tunnel and you can zip from Boston to London in 45 minutes with essentially no power required except the vacuum pumping -- gravity does the work accelerating the train to orbital-type speeds

Also missing is the intermediate belt between the inner belt and 128.

I see no reason that Concord, Carlisle, Billerica, and Wilmington should be cut off from access to I-193.
Could it be that Whighlander is pandering to the NIMBY set?
And what about the people who want to get from Provincetown to Gloucester; why was the Cape Cod-Cape Anne bridge not shown?

And what about the people who want to get from Provincetown to Gloucester; why was the Cape Cod-Cape Anne bridge not shown?

It's in sight for Fiscal Year 2025 after finally securing the funding that was lost due to competition from the Newport-Block Island Bridge/Tunnel and the Jamestown-Long Island Causeway. Once funds are freed up from the Interhawaii Connector and the Oil War with Saudi Arabia, we should be all set.

Jesus H Christ, 2025?!?!?! How long will drivers have to suffer at the hands of their bicycling oppressors!?!?!

I know, it's going to be tough to navigate the cloverleaf where the Gloucester-Scituate Aquastrada meets the Cross-Cape Cod Bayway until then, but no one said it was going to be easy to defeat the UN plan to take away our cars and force us onto flimsy two-wheeled vehicles.

With luck, we'll get that report soon on the feasibility of burying the Charles River so that we can eliminate the redundancy between Memorial and Storrow Drives and finally merge them into one free-flowing superhighway.

Back