The KMW (Kahta/Mark02474/Whighlander) Interstate Highway System Act

I think the original proposal had all the highways connecting as circular routes out into the Bay, but it got dialed back by fiscal watchdogs in the House so only I-193 extends out over the water.

What a shame.

Why is I-293 not complete!

Hmm, weird. Thought I already plowed it through Brookline, hang on...

NOW it is truly complete! Huzzah!!!

I think the original proposal had all the highways connecting as circular routes out into the Bay, but it got dialed back by fiscal watchdogs in the House so only I-193 extends out over the water.

What a shame.

You're right. 393 should crossing via Hull and Nahant. And 593 should go to Provincetown.

Why does I-493 end in Concord? Did you succumb to bicycle hippie jihadism?

Look...Worcester-by-the-Sea isn't gonna grow into the tech center of the universe with only ONE interstate interchange. Why do you hate faux-urbanity so much?

Gee, this is a lot of trouble for you to have gone to simply to get your posse together to mock any member who disagrees with you. Not making a judgement, simply stating the fact. This looks like it took hours...

Gee, this is a lot of trouble for you to have gone to simply to get your posse together to mock any member who disagrees with you. Not making a judgement, simply stating the fact. This looks like it took hours...

I completely agree. The nature of this thread is extremely childish and rather rude, especially with the use of specific names.

I also agree with your comment about all this effort just to mock others. I think it's good overall that the map was created because it gives us something to talk about and respond to, but it could have very well have been done with the thread simply titled as "Rethinking the Eastern MA Highway Network"

I completely agree. The nature of this thread is extremely childish and rather rude, especially with the use of specific names.

I also agree with your comment about all this effort just to mock others. I think it's good overall that the map was created because it gives us something to talk about and respond to, but it could have very well have been done with the thread simply titled as "Rethinking the Eastern MA Highway Network"

Data -- my dog the original Whighlander -- has a comment on this whole thread -- but as this is also a dogs way of making a statement of ownership -- I'm not completely sure that just because the map is soaked in urine that it's not appreciated -- so I guess that I'll take the hit and keep on posting

Data -- my dog the original Whighlander -- has a comment on this whole thread -- but as this is also a dogs way of making a statement of ownership -- I'm not completely sure that just because the map is soaked in urine that it's not appreciated -- so I guess that I'll take the hit and keep on posting

My original assumption was that this was a thread 'all in good fun.'

After reconsidering, I've changed my mind - and I don't think you or Kahta deserved to have your names attached to this.

So, I apologize.

Oh come on. This isn't an academic journal. If you can't stand some ribbing then don't bother saying ridiculous things.

It took maybe 10 minutes. Maybe 8. Hours, really?

As if this was some sort of well orchestrated attack... come on... It's a sarcastic map, let's lighten up here.

I could really care less about what someone thinks of me on an internet discussion forum. This is just a hobby and interest for me, nothing more than my interest on politics, monetary policy, or economics.

I say let's do it, then ask the federal government for $40 billion a couple decades later to "restore Boston harbor".

And after spending that to bury the highways beneath the sea, we build six-lane parkways over them anyway.

I would change I695 so that it would go up to Manchester NH and then connect to I95 just south of Portsmouth or at the Hampton tolls.

Back