The Mark at DeNormandie Wharf | Hodge Boiler Works Building | East Boston

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, seeing the old pilings gives me a bit of a chill of excitement.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
I was wondering when they would get to that piece of land. It's been a dump for so long!!

whighlander

Reaction score
Beeline -- as usual a most impressive photo-essay on a Big Project not getting much coverage [as you have done on countless other projects]

I think this vicarious survey of Boston Construction activity [which I just finished today due to a change in my usual plans for the afternoon] -- a voyage I made by scanning all of the last pages f each thread listed under Development 1,2,3 --- shows a very dynamic and vibrant Boston

We live in an amazing time -- since I started being interested in Boston [as the Hub of New England] back when I got my first real camera and began to visit my father's family members and friends around here [circa 1960] -- I have never seen so much activity spread across the entire city [and including Cambridge and other nearby cities and towns within and on Rt-128]

Is all of it perfect -- No -- is all of it worth keeping for the next generation -- probably not -- BUT its all positive -- the region is prospering and growing and people are moving in -- We are not Buffalo or hundreds of other cities where you can buy a house for less than a nice car -- here its expensive because its in demand

Enjoy this era -- there is no guarantee that it will persist!

Life Coach Mike

Reaction score
Beeline -- as usual a most impressive photo-essay on a Big Project not getting much coverage [as you have done on countless other projects]

I think this vicarious survey of Boston Construction activity [which I just finished today due to a change in my usual plans for the afternoon] -- a voyage I made by scanning all of the last pages f each thread listed under Development 1,2,3 --- shows a very dynamic and vibrant Boston

We live in an amazing time -- since I started being interested in Boston [as the Hub of New England] back when I got my first real camera and began to visit my father's family members and friends around here [circa 1960] -- I have never seen so much activity spread across the entire city [and including Cambridge and other nearby cities and towns within and on Rt-128]

Is all of it perfect -- No -- is all of it worth keeping for the next generation -- probably not -- BUT its all positive -- the region is prospering and growing and people are moving in -- We are not Buffalo or hundreds of other cities where you can buy a house for less than a nice car -- here its expensive because its in demand

Enjoy this era -- there is no guarantee that it will persist!
Great analysis Whighlander. Any indication that a new Harborwalk extension will be ringing around the East Boston waterfront? And connections to it...such as a water taxi or direct access from the Blue Line?