The Mark at DeNormandie Wharf | Hodge Boiler Works Building | East Boston

47931315958_c0f6f23345_b.jpg

If I've got my bearings right, the top photo shows what is currently behind the construction site, the bottom photo shows their current view.. I'm sure those folks are thrilled by this development. Yikes.

Disclaimer: not a NIMBY, just making an observation.

Not gonna lie, seeing the old pilings gives me a bit of a chill of excitement.

I was wondering when they would get to that piece of land. It's been a dump for so long!!

Beeline -- as usual a most impressive photo-essay on a Big Project not getting much coverage [as you have done on countless other projects]

I think this vicarious survey of Boston Construction activity [which I just finished today due to a change in my usual plans for the afternoon] -- a voyage I made by scanning all of the last pages f each thread listed under Development 1,2,3 --- shows a very dynamic and vibrant Boston

We live in an amazing time -- since I started being interested in Boston [as the Hub of New England] back when I got my first real camera and began to visit my father's family members and friends around here [circa 1960] -- I have never seen so much activity spread across the entire city [and including Cambridge and other nearby cities and towns within and on Rt-128]

Is all of it perfect -- No -- is all of it worth keeping for the next generation -- probably not -- BUT its all positive -- the region is prospering and growing and people are moving in -- We are not Buffalo or hundreds of other cities where you can buy a house for less than a nice car -- here its expensive because its in demand

Enjoy this era -- there is no guarantee that it will persist!

Beeline -- as usual a most impressive photo-essay on a Big Project not getting much coverage [as you have done on countless other projects]

I think this vicarious survey of Boston Construction activity [which I just finished today due to a change in my usual plans for the afternoon] -- a voyage I made by scanning all of the last pages f each thread listed under Development 1,2,3 --- shows a very dynamic and vibrant Boston

We live in an amazing time -- since I started being interested in Boston [as the Hub of New England] back when I got my first real camera and began to visit my father's family members and friends around here [circa 1960] -- I have never seen so much activity spread across the entire city [and including Cambridge and other nearby cities and towns within and on Rt-128]

Is all of it perfect -- No -- is all of it worth keeping for the next generation -- probably not -- BUT its all positive -- the region is prospering and growing and people are moving in -- We are not Buffalo or hundreds of other cities where you can buy a house for less than a nice car -- here its expensive because its in demand

Enjoy this era -- there is no guarantee that it will persist!
Great analysis Whighlander. Any indication that a new Harborwalk extension will be ringing around the East Boston waterfront? And connections to it...such as a water taxi or direct access from the Blue Line?

Back