The New Office/Lab Thread

More likely would be South Station tower, which is a lot closer to their Fort Point building.

Even more likely they're using the prospect of moving to a new project as leverage to get a good deal on their lease renewal.

From an interview of NECN, 400,000 square feet on the site where the MIT Coop is now, and next to Google's existing 375,000 sq ft. Construction start by summer of 2019.

Interesting, given that there's been no proposal for anything there before and BP is building a lot of new office space a block away on the MXD site. I guess a tenant like Google can just make stuff happen...

I wonder if there's a new Kendall headhouse in the offing.

EDIT: Confirmed outside the paywall by the BXP earnings call:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/41...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Demand for space in the city of Boston continues to grow as technology tenants are expanding at pace that we've never seen, and it's as strong as we have ever seen it. With our lease with Rapid7 at the Hub on Causeway and the remaining space at Pier 4 being committed most of - not all of the new existing inventory under construction begun.

In addition, Amazon and Wayfair are close to very significant expansions in the Seaport and the Back Bay and we continue to work with an anchor tenant for the tower at the Hub on Causeway.

In Cambridge where we have a limited availability, we continue to have discussions with a tenant for the next office development at Kendall Center. If this project moves forward we will replace 115,000 square foot building with a 400,000 square foot tower with construction commencing in mid-2019 and across the street on Main Street MIT is reportedly in conversation for all of their office inventory.

Last edited:
falcon.jpg

A lab called Kessel Run expanding in WeWork space, from 90 employees currently to 300. Image from the Globe article explains how the name came about.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...solo-record/MLDf23GSy1ZgvmSVEXF09I/story.html

Maybe a guy who owns a company named Blue Origin will take note.

What does the Army currently do in the Barnes building? Its such an odd looking building that could use a face lift.

Dr. Atul Gawande has been named CEO of the health care company founded by Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A, BRK-B), Amazon (AMZN), and JPMorgan (JPM) in an effort to push down health care costs.

Gawande will begin his role at the new company, which will be headquartered in Boston, on July 9. The companies said this new company will operate as an independent entity and will be free from profit-making incentives and constraints.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/atul...e-133314699.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

That sure is a lot of happy-looking folks strolling by the shuttered pawn shop.

I can't tell from the render if this is just the auto detailing shop, or the parking lot behind it too. Looks like both.

60 E. Berkeley is 200,000 sq ft of office. Wayfair supposedly looking for 750,000 sq ft.

Back