The New Retail Thread

I think it's a nice addition to Newbury Street, and it is certainly better than the Parking Lot it replaced. As the doctor's oath: "Do no harm." I think this building does no harm to the existing context of Urban Design, and in fact, is quite an improvement.
Generally yes. This is much better than the (inexcusable, unforgivable) parking lot that was there for way too long. But it's also a pretty big step-down from the initial ~2019 proposal for this space. And while I don't *hate* the building we've gotten, bigger cities wouldn't settle for this on their prime high street.

The restaurant space on Broad Canal Way (in the base of One65 Main) is making good progress--new exteriors added, windows installed, and the few times I've been able to peek through the doors while open, interior fixtures going in:

20231117_070135.jpg

Has a tenant been named yet for that space? Pretty central location so hopefully it’s something visiting.

I that that glass enclosed facade is long dead. They removed the fountains and columns/arcade along Boylston Street. I think that was pretty much it so far.

New restaurant space in the bottom of One65 Main (Mestizo) looking pretty close to completion. Looks like those windows will be able to fully open when the weather is nice--should really liven up Broad Canal Way, like the new Locke Bar just down the street.

Nice to have all the fencing and staging space removed so the full sidewalk is open again!

20231225_124655.jpg
20231225_124717.jpg
20231225_124733.jpg

I read about this opening from the Boston Globe:

Sounds pretty awesome!

Back