The Pru it was Blue......

GMACK24

Reaction score
The Pru it was Blue......
Any idea why it was blue this time around ?

3047327683_cde4e18d3a.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/3047327683/

Again the Tower is Blue.
not sure why this time.
anyone know why its blue this time around ?

I saw it as I was walking to my car in southie and said. "I gotta go photograph this again"

So much fun.

It was last blue in MARCH of 08.

So Whatta think - Pretty cool huh ?
It should always be blue.
IMHO : )

~ Greg

Certainly looks good. And the Old Hancock tower certainly is bright...if that's what that is. Only one I didn't recognize was the red.

And I wonder who leases the offices in the middle of the Hancock, they go home early I guess. Either that or they're unleased.

And look at the massive canyon between the Pru and the Hancock. I wish it would be filled in. Even if with mediocre buildings. Would the Columbus Center buildings fill this in, or the NEU dorm tower?

And look at the massive canyon between the Pru and the Hancock. I wish it would be filled in. Even if with mediocre buildings. Would the Columbus Center buildings fill this in, or the NEU dorm tower?

No, but the Copley Place tower should help a bit...

The red is the Sheraton on Dalton. You can't tell in the pic, but the lights spell out "Sheraton."

I saw it last night - it looks AWESOME.

It almost looks permanent though - like they replaced those old yellowish bulbs.

Does anyone know if its permanent??? It SHOULD be!!

So what is the blue to the right of the Sheraton? The reflection is blue but the actual image isn't!

I like the blue, but I'd still say pure white would be the bomb dot com.

National Lung Cancer Awareness Month.

When's National Lupus Month celebrated?

Prudential Tower will light up for the holidays

November 30, 2009 09:05 AM

GLOBE STAFF

The Shops at Prudential Center is set to launch tomorrow what it calls "31 Nights of Light" to celebrate the holidays - a skyline illumination near the top of the Prudential Tower that it hopes will become a Boston holiday tradition.

Boston Properties, the real estate investment company that owns the Shops at Prudential Center and the Prudential Tower, has just completed the permanent installation of light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, that have the capacity to create a glow near the top of one of the city's most prominent buildings, said Andrea Simpson, the director of marketing for the Shops at Prudential Center.

"Utilizing a new set of LED lights on the 51st floor of Prudential Tower, the Shops at Prudential Center will partner with 28 Boston-area organizations to the light the top of the tower a different color every night of the month," the shops said in a press release.

Lighting partners will participate in "flip the switch" events throughout the month, and partners include the Boston Ballet, the Boston Pops, and United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, the shops said.

In the past, Boston Properties has sometimes let charitable organizations such as the Lung Cancer Alliance illuminate the top of Prudential Tower to highlight fund-raising drives and other activities, Simpson said. Such efforts generally have resulted in considerable expense to the charity, which has to rent lights and have them temporarily installed, Simpson said.

By permanently installing LEDs, Boston Properties can now offer local groups this opportunity at much less cost to the group, Simpson said, and there's another bonus: LEDs are far more energy efficient than the lights used in the past.

Once the holidays are over, various local groups may get to light up the tower 10 or 12 times a year.

"We want to keep this special," Simpson said.

Link

Sorry?

"We want to keep this special."

It is special enough not lit. What are we, Disneyland?

Right, shut off the lights on the Zakim too! While we're at it, let's darken the Empire State Building as well. Geez and Bah Humbug!

I guess it's official - colored LEDs are the "new thing" for high rise design. They are cool on the Pru since it is a landmark, but it could get tired quickly when it pops up on every new stump in the Seaport.

I guess it's official - colored LEDs are the "new thing" for high rise design. They are cool on the Pru since it is a landmark, but it could get tired quickly when it pops up on every new stump in the Seaport.

The reality is that they will pop up on "every new stump" as long as the city administration insists on putting a lit crown on every new building. LED is the lamp of the future (vindicated by a recently-released study that proves them to be more efficient in production costs and energy consumption), and their versatility cannot be denied when compared to other options on the market.

Thanks for the pics. Speaking of LED's....any night time pics of the 6 or so different styles of experimental LED lighting styles on the pole lamps in the Boston Common?

Back