The Quinn (née The Berkeley) | 370-380 Harrison Ave | South End

Welcome and great photos! That corner of the South End being walkable is actually quite recent...

IMG_9222 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9225 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9227 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9228 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9230 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

I really like the scale of this project to fill out the block. It looks like the expected density in the area can now support a new Loyal Companion pet store being planned a block over on Washington St which is a rare non-food commercial space being added in the vicinity (though you could argue it's pet food)...

FD00B09A-74CC-45CB-8A11-C19720C16D7E by S S, on Flickr

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive plan to redesign Harrison once all this construction is complete? The urban renewal segment could actually, in the end, be a nice boulevard... I assume it’ll happen but haven’t heard of any specific plans.

Edit - a simple google resolved this. Looks like elimination of the median and widening of the sidewalks to include cycle tracks is the plan. Too bad the median couldn’t also be preserved as well.

Well, hopefully it is the start of something more substantial.

Its all well and good theyre going to add a cycle track to this part of Harrison, id love to safely bike everywhere in the city myself.... but what good is 750 yards of cycle track going to do when it just abruptly ends past Berkeley?

This strip or washington is going to HAVE to get a green line portal going to Dudley eventually. I hope someone somewhere is planning for this eventuality. Also near BMC there is TONS of room that could add a whole lot of housing to a new line. I hope its in the cards.

Last edited:
This strip or washington is going to HAVE to get a green line portal going to Dudley eventually. I hope someone somewhere is planning for this eventuality. Also near BMC there is TONS of room that could add a whole lot of housing to a new line. I hope its in the cards.

I think it's just us...

Any streetscape improvements included with this one? All this change along Harrison and the median still looks like crap.

housingcc07.jpg

Link

The facade has 1 floor up almost along the whole frontage of harrison ave. Looks alright, precast panels of course

I like how theyre making it look like one of the many new buildings going up that incorporate old brick buildings into a new development. This is going to look like 2 older brick buildings that were both integrated into 1 new development with a glass connection that also adds floorspace on top. Pretty cool and will go well with the other similar projects in the south end.

Last edited:
The City is waiting for the adjacent development to be completed before ripping out the median and rebuilding Harrison St with protected bike lanes. The developers are widening the sidewalks first.

Back