The Quinn (née The Berkeley) | 370-380 Harrison Ave | South End

They really need to button up the sidewalk so the public can use it. Pretty annoying as it stands now and it seems like it could have been opened months ago if it were a priority.
There was some kind of delay, seemed utility related. They did a ton of close to the building excavation late last year into this spring, that kept work on the sidewalk and surrounding landscaping from progressing. It certainly did not look planned.

Somehow this one flew under my radar until Beeline's photos this past week. Last I knew the old bakery building was coming down and the earliest renderings were floating around, so it was really to my surprise to see this chonky building containing Actual Architecture™ has gone up seemingly overnight. Had to swing by in person and I gotta say I REALLY like it.

51110361738_33b311c6e6_b.jpg

51110455021_b04cb086e6_b.jpg

51109889837_6757a2fa9a_b.jpg

Also, a very nice and reasonably attractive streetwall has formed on this side

51110454936_132a9541ce_b.jpg

51110454786_12ea5e41e3_b.jpg

51110203464_3ba494f0b9_b.jpg

51110454886_95b2e670a4_b.jpg

51110203389_59ca780421_b.jpg

51110454816_216e47cb28_b.jpg

51109889287_e2d63a9854_b.jpg

51110454771_8e6e76a70c_b.jpg

I'll second the notion that the Harrison streetscape badly needs a face lift. So much has changed in the area of just a few blocks, it'd be great if the carpet matched the curtains.

Somehow this one flew under my radar until Beeline's photos this past week. Last I knew the old bakery building was coming down and the earliest renderings were floating around, so it was really to my surprise to see this chonky building containing Actual Architecture™ has gone up seemingly overnight. Had to swing by in person and I gotta say I REALLY like it.

Like Lovejoy Wharf, this project is a testament to the power of quality materials. Your close-up of the brickwork is genuinely pretty.

Put these bricks and glass on Kenmore North and we aren't bashing it (...as much - it still replaced what it replaced). Simple as that.

Any ideas when this will happen?
from this article:
“The complete rebuilding of Harrison Avenue is in the City’s budget this fiscal year and has been delayed by construction of 321 Harrison and the Quinn. We hope to see that much needed, long anticipated project start soon.”
Additionally, the massive Harrison Avenue redesign in New York Streets is also on the docket, and is only awaiting the completion of projects on the street before starting.
the developments in the NY Streets have all been giving mitigation funding for this work. 2 way Washington St is also a good transportation improvement for the area.

I think it's "The Harris" for the rental portion. The Quinn are the condos.

It cannot be overstated how nicely done this building is. I read recently that there has been a resurgence of real decorative brick work in New York, and this illustrates beautifully why I hope the trend migrates here.
In particular for me is the attention to detail paid on the E. Berkeley side. Beelines Img 5811 . They really opened it up using the pedestrian cut through and parking entrance in place of a blank wall that would of been dangerous at night.
Major win. I don't recall seeing plans for across the street, but this is fast becoming a modern neighborhood, instead of just "ink block". It certainly feels different than the "proper" South End...WAY different.

The bolling municipal building in roxbury has some incredible brick work. This is precast but still looks great, same with lovejoy wharf, precast done right. Hopefully theres much more to come.

Back