The St Regis Residences (former Whiskey Priest site) | 150 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Given the unique nature of the site, I would expect this one to be slow until it gets at least one floor above ground level.

Given the unique nature of the site, I would expect this one to be slow until it gets at least one floor above ground level.

Absolutely, I believe the schedule is 12 months underground and 12 months to finish.

There are VERY few people here each day. Some days the site sits quiet and locked. Today only about 5 people working.

Weird.

There are VERY few people here each day. Some days the site sits quiet and locked. Today only about 5 people working.

Weird.

2nd that. I only see a few guys there in the AM but certainly aren't working like the Echelon guys across the street.

Moriarty is apparently the construction manager, so it is not as if its a general contractor from elsewhere who is new to Boston.

Could be that design / construction issues have arisen, or the cost has escalated. The footprint for this building is quite small, so there isn't much margin for absorbing increased costs.

Yes, I'm also VERY surprised at how small the footprint is now that things are set up a bit. Did anyone else feel like it's a smaller than expected footprint?

Yes, I'm also VERY surprised at how small the footprint is now that things are set up a bit. Did anyone else feel like it's a smaller than expected footprint?

I usually feel the same way about a footprint until I actually see the building take form. Perhaps the massive footprint of the Echelon across the street skews the perception a bit as well.

Why not, it's looking down Seaport Blvd. to FiDi.

https://flic.kr/p/2eDhYWC[/QUOTE]

Beelines photo shows the views that 150 will have all the way down Seaport Blvsd. to FiDi. 150 cantilevers over the existing sidewalk so well clear of 100 Pier 4 for City views.

This is gonna be such a great addition. This tower is actually one of the best designed glass towers in Boston and its being built in the Seaport. No more boring glass boxes reputation with this and parcel m across the street along with all the buildings being built next.

The architecture has consistently gotten better and better with each building and this spot will really demonstrate this with this building standing right next to 100 pier 4. Dynamic new stand out glass tower next to old precast background building. Waterside place is another example showing how much better the architecture is getting from phase A to B.

Some 90,000 civilian slaves and more than 12,000 Allied prisoners died building the Burma Rail Lines. Future generations will look at this small building and ask what the fuss was all about.... to which the good people will answer: just those frauds (bought and paid for by a 90 year old hermit) trying to get their names in the paper.

Some 90,000 civilian slaves and more than 12,000 Allied prisoners died building the Burma Rail Lines. Future generations will look at this small building and ask what the fuss was all about.... to which the good people will answer: just those frauds (bought and paid for by a 90 year old hermit) trying to get their names in the paper.

Just memorializing this post.

Back