The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Does anybody know the cost of this building? I'm curious what they are expecting for rent roll or asking prices for condos.

49917568831_e4f10bf32d_b.jpg

49917562571_dc14c66c4b_b.jpg

Cant wait until the overhang comes down. That alone even without the new garage facade is going to make a huge difference.

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's a makeshift memorial for the state's dead from COVID-19.

This is a very Boston building. Boston rarely builds all glass towers downtown, and rarely uses flat roofs. Obviously lately this has changed, but this fits in so well its crazy. It meshes so well with the design language of downtown.

Actually even as far as glass towers downtown go, MT was basically THE perfect tower for its height and location with its many nods to the hancock. Certain buildings are perfect Boston buildings, and this is one as well.

Boston rarely builds all glass towers downtown, and rarely uses flat roofs.

What!?!?!! Boston's skyline is cursed with essentially nothing BUT flat roofs. Ours is the most rectlinear cluster of high-rises in the U.S. Other than the old JHT, Custom House, Shoe building, and IP, they're *all* flat roofs (with the exception of millenium's group of slanty roof places).

Yea that was worded wrong, I meant they use a lot of steps or slants or boxes, chamfers, etc... on flat roofs to attempt to break it up a little. Even this has a flat roof... or 3, but I just meant many times theres a little bit more goin on vs like a 1 beacon thats all.

gotcha. yes, this is very nice (whereas 1 beacon is claw-my-own-face-off terrible).

What!?!?!! Boston's skyline is cursed with essentially nothing BUT flat roofs. Ours is the most rectlinear cluster of high-rises in the U.S. Other than the old JHT, Custom House, Shoe building, and IP, they're *all* flat roofs (with the exception of millenium's group of slanty roof places).
LA is far worse on that score, because for much of the skyscraper building past there, the city required a helicopter pad on every building.

Back