The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Oh I forgot this one! From Eastie

MVIMG_20200926_083822.jpg

I like this building more and more each day. I can't say I was a fan ever really, but I walk down Atlantic then back up every day from work, and other than the fact that the entire top 15 or so floors are completely dark, (shocking), it really looks good from most angles.

I like it, but don't love it. I'm sure it will fit in fine once the whole complex is built out.

...and other than the fact that the entire top 15 or so floors are completely dark, (shocking)...

Condo deliveries aren't until late 1Q2021. The apartments will be delivered earlier than the eleven floors of condos, since most of the latter are in various states of completion. For example, the units I'm looking at on the upper floors are only roughed out with connections, but have no hvac equipment and only studs so far (to be fair, some lower floor units are mostly complete).

Condo deliveries aren't until late 1Q2021. The apartments will be delivered earlier than the eleven floors of condos, since most of the latter are in various states of completion. For example, the units I'm looking at on the upper floors are only roughed out with connections, but have no hvac equipment and only studs so far (to be fair, some lower floor units are mostly complete).

What is the range for pricing?

What is the range for pricing?

Pricing depends on level, but units begin at ~$3.6 million and ascend from there. There is some price compression among the three and four bedroom units, so I don't know if they breach eight figures for a four bedroom at the top. I wasn't looking at those.

I wasn't able to get a picture because it was a group bike ride (no chance to stop), but crossing the Mass Ave. bridge from Cambridge, this building is a spectacular addition to the skyline. It really pops and also extends the skyline significantly. Once State Street is complete, the complex will perfectly connect the financial district with the new North Station/West End towers.

This gets my vote for best surprise - the massing is interesting enough that the boring cladding doesn't matter. Pops from any angle you see it.

Also, the view from Hub on Causeway (worst angle for this, but will be completely blocked by One Congress) really shows how they took off the JFK building in the massing.

Pricing depends on level, but units begin at ~$3.6 million and ascend from there. There is some price compression among the three and four bedroom units, so I don't know if they breach eight figures for a four bedroom at the top. I wasn't looking at those.

It doesn't look like they have any true four bedroom units but rather a three plus study. I think that makes 4701 the most expensive unit at $6.3,

It doesn't look like they have any true four bedroom units but rather a three plus study. I think that makes 4701 the most expensive unit at $6.3,

The studies are large: well powered, lighted, and would accommodate a Murphy bed if someone had the desire to integrate one. I wouldn't, as studies (at least the 2br+ floorplans) don't have windows, since they are interior facing. As I said, I'm not looking at any 3bds or 3bds+, so I didn't internalize the details for the largest units.

All five floorplans on the 47th floor feature different ceiling architecture that allows for slightly taller glass. They are stunning.

I wasn't able to get a picture because it was a group bike ride (no chance to stop), but crossing the Mass Ave. bridge from Cambridge, this building is a spectacular addition to the skyline. It really pops and also extends the skyline significantly. Once State Street is complete, the complex will perfectly connect the financial district with the new North Station/West End towers.

And a high-rise at the Hurley site would be good for this too.

Agreed. I just moved from Somerville to East Boston and the effect is the same. I’m really impressed by this one.
204E0D6E-3CC0-4DC7-9771-9DEA0DCA37BD.jpeg

CC4D1549-B661-4C6B-8AF1-8023E03597DA.jpeg

@Lrfox I took the picture right after having dinner at Reel House. Very tasty! Don't want to derail too much further, but I think Eastie has a tremendous amount of potential, and based on the number of large, active construction sites, everything is about to really hit in that neighborhood.

Back